This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: May 25, 2020
At Caterpillar, we're delighted to be making a significant investment in our digital support capabilities. We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Salesforce Business Analyst. This Business Analyst will be assigned to Cat Digital support working directly with the Business Development and Product Support teams as well as Cat Dealers and internal Caterpillar clients to ensure high quality on time delivery of Service Cloud and Community Cloud based projects. This role will serve as the business superuser and will act as the primary liaison to the development team ensuring both functional and non-functional requirements are documented and delivered.
JOB PURPOSE: To manage the relationship between Cat Digital Support and the Enterprise Salesforce team. Incumbent will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise as it relates to use of the Salesforce CRM tool to deliver on business needs. Ability for clear, concise and accurate communication between the business and the Enterprise Salesforce team is foundational to the success of this role. Additionally, the expectation for this role is to provide on-time, on-budget project management of all Salesforce development and support activities.
1. Validate business requirements for an application or process.
2. Validate solution design, including prototyping and configuration for an application or process
3. Validate process documentation for the application or process.
4. Participate in test script creation for new content releases or deployments for an application or process.
5. Review and approve test plans as required by new content releases or deployments for an application or process.
6. Review and approve end user training materials for an application or process.
7. Establish business rules for the use of an application or process.
8. Establish security data classifications for the application or process.
9. Business escalation point for any conflicts or concerns with the application or process.
10. Assist in managing contracts as needed for consulting or external interfaces for the application or process.
11. Represent the application or process with other areas of the business who use or integrate with this part of the business.
12. Seek input from relevant areas of the business that should have inputs to this application or process.
Incumbent will see information about the real, underlying needs of the customer, beyond those expressed initially, and match these to available (or customized) products or services. Incumbent may influence tactical business decisions (for example, providing key ideas for major decisions such as changing department policy, making the basic technical choices for a new process). Understanding, evaluating and reacting to routine problems or situations with external contacts is also part of this assignment. Interaction is within the framework of existing business policies and practices and/or established business relationships.
Incumbent may consider new courses of action which complement existing policies and short term goals. He/she may find a need for new policies or procedures. Though general unit goals are in place, incumbent sets the plan and determines the priorities and processes that will achieve unit or Caterpillar ends. Position may invent new ways to explain problems, situations, or opportunities. Incumbent may also develop a single picture that explains many parts. Incumbent may develop multiple new concepts to describe a given situation. Problems and issues usually involve careful interpretation, analysis or diagnosis. Position must identify the relevant information to develop solutions or approaches. Developing solutions usually requires in-depth analysis that cannot be done quickly. Problems and issues have a variety of interpretations and require careful evaluation and reference to a large number of options. Incumbent must first identify the nature of a complex or undefined problem and then develop the best solution or application from numerous alternatives.
Incumbent develops well-prepared action plans for the current year and has a clear sense of what needs to be achieved in the year to come. Position receives assignments that tell what needs to be done and when it needs to be completed. Incumbent can change practices and procedures to get the desired results.
Travel will be dependent on the application or process supported but, in most cases, will be minimal (10% of working time).
• Position requires a four year degree from accredited college or university.
• 5 plus years customer service experience
• 5 plus years of experience managing complex projects end to end
• Full competency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Top Candidate will have Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant Certification
• Top candidate will have Contact Center Operations or Client Services/Account Management experience
• 5 plus years of job-related experience with the Salesforce CRM platform and digital applications
• Will have a solid understanding of the Business Process Outsourcing industry and how supplier relationships are governed
• Experience as a Salesforce Administrator and/or Salesforce Developer.
• Experience with Contact Center tools such as call monitoring tools, telephony platforms, etc
• Project and process management skills, personal planning, organization, initiative, delegation, leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to adapt to multiple cultures and countries.
• A high tolerance for stress, and the ability to build consensus
Relocation Assistance is not available for this position
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers