The selected candidate
for this position will be a valuable team member accountable for the design,
development, implementation, and support of new functionality within
Caterpillar’s Global Warranty administration solutions. With Caterpillar’s
growing focus on aftermarket services, the sale, management, and reporting of
warranty services is playing an increasing role in meeting our aftermarket
services goals, and in the design of high-quality products.
This position will be
responsible for evaluating and implementing proposed program changes or
additions to Caterpillar’s warranty systems and programs. It will be assisting
more experienced system development and support personnel in developing
solutions to customer related requests and/or system problems. It will require
the development of related program logic or integrating solutions into the
systems or infrastructure after testing functions of developed programs or
Design, code, test, and debug programs of
varying degrees of complexity.
Configuration or customization of purchased
Evaluates recommended software and/or program
changes and their potential impact on the environment and execution results.
Work on application/technical problem
identification and resolution.
Work independently on complex
programs/subroutines under the direction of more experienced staff and assists
in the development or configuration of major system modules and programs.
Fully qualified to perform most programming
assignments without close management.
Fully knowledgeable of programming languages,
program design and specification development, programming logic, logic
diagrams, testing, debugging and documentation.
May perform integration tasks for in-house
developed systems and/or purchased software solutions.
Improves development and support processes.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field or 5+ years of software development experience
Top Candidates will also have:
• A strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
• Experience utilizing application programming interfaces for application integration such as SOAP
• Basic knowledge of cloud-based development processes (Amazon Web Services, Azure, etc.)
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and apply to real world situations
• Ability to effectively and tactfully communicate orally and in writing
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Strong analytical skills with ability to identify multiple approaches to problem solving and recommend the best solution
• Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects of different sizes
• Ability to work collaboratively in a complex, rapidly changing, and culturally diverse environment.
• Experience supporting IT-related business processes, security processes, etc.
• Basic web development skills including use of JQuery
• A working knowledge of java frames such as Hibernate and Spring
This is a remote working opportunity! The Hiring Manager sits in Illinois but location is flexible and can be remote within a North America time zone.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.