is responsible for all financial accounting and reporting functions within the
Advanced Components Manufacturing. This role is also responsible for ensuring
financial reporting integrity including compliance with US GAAP and
Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, cost analysis and support, strategy optimization
of short and long-term value creation and profitability, a strong control
environment and the achievement of other financial and non-financial
objectives. The position directly supports the operational and supply
chain functions of US & Europe Drivetrain.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include
but are not limited to:
- Business Analysis and Decision Support including:
establishment of target costs through MBD collaboration and benchmarking, cost
monitoring, strategic growth analysis, capital investment review, and
coordinating financial leadership through the cycle while championing an
- Annual business plan, monthly rolling business management,
long term forecasting, and ad hoc financial forecasting.
- Ensuring a strong and effective internal control
environment is in place and adequately documented and tested.
- Monthly accounting and financial reporting analysis, weekly
cost monitor reviews, efficiency analysis, and operational utilization review.
- Strategy planning process. This includes long-term
strategic development, quarterly strategic assessments and short-term tactical
planning to ensure growth and financial success.
- Business Risk Management governance process.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible
- A bachelor’s degree in an Accounting or Finance related
discipline, CPA/CMA/MBA will also satisfy this requirement.
Will Also Have:
- Strong ability to collaborate and partner across peers and
- A strong background in Accounting or Finance; including
financial accounting, reporting and analysis, commercial support, and budget
- Demonstrates the following leadership attributes: Good
business skills and judgement; Courage and emotional intelligence; Intellectual
curiosity; The ability to create the vision and lead change; Set challenging
targets and prioritize to achieve results; Development of the best talent.
- Ability to take an Enterprise point of view and lead with
our Values in Action.
- The successful candidate also exhibits rigorous attention
to details and excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of how a factory operates, including lean
principles, and supply chain policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Caterpillar organization and ts products,
policies and procedures is also desired.
- Credentialed expertise (CPA or CMA) and solid practical
experience involving technical accounting and reporting issues
- Prior supervisory experience
This employer is not currently hiring foreign
national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a
specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global
company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the
U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.