90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and
driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to
help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets.
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining
equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and
diesel-electric locomotives. We don't just build great products, we pair them
with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and
anticipate customer needs. We are bringing our industry into the Age of Smart
Iron. A lasting legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its
competitive edge. It is our team that has allowed this company to accomplish
great things. From the construction of the Hoover Dam, to earthquake relief in
Indonesia, our employees have never failed to give customers enduring results
through superior service and innovation.
As a Service Technical Representative you will consult with dealers on product problem management within an assigned territory or industry. This position can be located in Toronto, Sudbury or Val d'Or. Representing Caterpillar to minimize the commercial impact of customer complaints related to products, applications, and maintenance requirements, you will have a direct bottom line impact on Caterpillar and dealer financial results. This is generally the fourth level technical service assignment for an experienced, individual contributor on assignments that are complex and challenging and begin to become strategic in nature.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Administer company policy warranty settlements and work with service specialists to ensure dealers have technical capability to identify and repair product deficiencies. You will counsel dealers in managing Product Improvement Programs cost effectively and within designated time frames and provide technical guidance and counsel dealers on presentations designed to inform customers of service advantages. Decisions made by you are more complex and have greater risk issues than those associated with the less experienced representatives. Challenges include meeting expectations in delivering results, considering alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills.
* Work with Service Specialists to ensure dealers meet targets; provide input to Service Operations Specialists for shop operations, service process improvements, and systems; help dealers achieve higher service quality and improve profitability; and work with other reps to develop total customer solutions that support sales efforts.
* Understand customer/dealer market needs and build an understanding of how and why decisions are made within your work group and organization. You will be responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, process improvement, sales management process improvement, etc. You will also learn to apply knowledge of products, technology, industry, etc., in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs.
* Your development and continual learning will be directed through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from gaining experience in the assigned industry, developing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving techniques, building business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership abilities.
* Strong communication and leadership skills.
* A bachelor’s degree in an accredited Marketing or Engineering curriculum.
* 5 or more years prior experience in field assignments.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, communicate effectively with others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers.
* Must be willing to travel extensively (50-70%) within territory.
* Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures
* French speaking is an asset, but it is not required for the position
Caterpillar is not currently hiring
individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for
employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global
company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of Canada which can
be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)