This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: May 25, 2020
JOB PURPOSE: To provide architecture solution services and counsel to digital and business driven projects and manage enterprise technology footprint. The position provides leadership direction and accountability for strategic application architecture plans, technology design and lifecycle, and information integrity by promoting reuse through Enterprise Architecture processes/reviews and standard compliance practices. A Sr. Digital Architect will determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions, conduct architectural reviews and recommend how to proceed with the applications (replace, retire, maintain, etc.)
The primary focus area for this architect will be Parts & Service Applications including SIS/SIS2.0, SOS, SOC, ACM, etc.
Key deliverables will include but not limited to:
· Create 3-5 year Service Software Platform architecture & roadmap
· Determine data strategy & requirements To be delivered to/consumed from Cat Digital Platform
· Determine hosting/cloud strategy for Parts & Service applications
· Interface with Data, Platform & Analytics teams to ensure strategic roadmap alignment
· Interface with other applications (eCommerce, Fleet Mgmt, Remote Services etc) to ensure reusability of features and reduce duplication (Headless Commerce integration, etc)
· Rationalize portfolio of Parts & Service Applications (reduce # of apps by 50%)
This position is recognized within the Cat Digital community as an expert in their technical or business domain. The Sr. Digital Architect will create and maintain architectural best practices, addressing application, data and technology in the context of business process across defined business functions(s) or technology domain(s).
Key areas of accountability include leading
the development of Architecture Solutions for Strategic Enterprise projects and
programs; developing and maintaining global technology roadmaps and application
evolution plans; leading in the evaluation of new technology, information or
integration standards; and developing digital strategy for a specific technical
or business domain.
Responsibilities include one or more of the following:
13. Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
Typical internal customers include employees within multiple business processes or functions including multiple Business Units and Divisions. In addition, this position may have direct relationships with Global Product Owners (GPO), Digital Managers, and Directors. External contacts include various companies who purchase services offered by Caterpillar and/or suppliers who provide hardware or software to Caterpillar.
The position is challenged to identify problems quickly and correctly, some which may not be obvious. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions. Communications for needed investments, architectural changes, or business needs is critical to ensure solutions can be created to meet strategic business capability needs.
1. Common Skills: Leadership, Team working, Inter-personal and Influential skills.
2. Business Skills & Methods: - Business case development, business process mapping, strategic planning.
3. Enterprise Architecture Skills: - architecture modeling, building block design, applications and role design and systems integration
4. Program or Project Management Skills: - Managing business change, project management methods and tools, etc.
5. General Digital Knowledge Skills: - Brokering applications, asset management, migration planning, SLAs, etc.
6. Technical Digital Skills: - Deep expertise in one to many areas including software engineering, security, data interchange, data management, network, database, servers, storage, collaboration or other technical areas.
Top candidates will have:
Relocation is no available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers