This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nuevo Laredo, TAM, Mexico
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2020
To supervise the material planning and functions for the facility, ensuring material availability and POU availability and drive disciplined inventory systems usage and collaboration with material suppliers.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Plans and directs the material planning and material logistic functions to meet the facility plan objectives and satisfy customer needs. Interfaces with Operations, Business Resources, Global Purchasing, Suppliers, Logistics, Engineering and worldwide Cat facilities.
* Plans, initiates, and maintains a material procurement process that establishes and achieves the least total cost, best quality and timely delivery for facility material purchases from internal/external suppliers. Includes managing inventory and record accuracy through monitoring shortage / surplus exception, supplier follow ups, negative on-hands and daily delivery
* Develops and directs internal/external material flow planning. Implements efficient supplier and interplant material supply plans. Meets production and parts requirements while optimizing
inventory levels, lot sizing, lead times, packaging, and transportation costs.
* Provides direct support to manufacturing operations through managing incoming requirements and scheduling of production work orders.
* Implements and coordinates efficient supply-base management.
* Establishes and nurtures supplier relationships.
* Includes the identification and implementation of methods to assure suppliers are meeting Caterpillar's technological, communication, material delivery, financial management, and quality needs.
* Participates in supplier-quality improvement efforts.
* Provides material requirements expertise to Six Sigma projects and Lean Events as required.
* Selects, trains and assists direct reports while providing career guidance and opportunity for added experience and training. Develops staff skills by focusing on evaluative / analytical thinking, innovative approaches to problem solving and team building.
* The position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of direct reports.
At Caterpillar, we share a single set of values that unite our company - integrity, excellence, teamwork and commitment.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.