This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Deerfield, IL, United States
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2020
As an Administrative Assistant at Caterpillar,
you will have the opportunity to learn from and contribute to a cooperative
team. You will provide administrative and clerical support to Plant Managers, personnel
and Corporate offices to allow for efficient operations. In this particular role, you will provide
support to the Chief Auditing Officer (CAO) and the Internal Auditing team.
Duties/Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
* Relieve CAO of administrative duties; technical and analytical responsibilities that require independent judgement, discretion and initiative.
* Work from generally outlined instructions with little guidance and organize, investigate and complete individual projects and assignments.
* Perform detailed and complex functions associated with continuing departmental activities and objectives.
* Assist with the compilation of the Board Audit Committee materials.
* Arrange appointments, receive calls, make travel reservations and perform special assignments.
* Operate a personal computer - type, set up meetings, calendar events/activities, send and receive messages, upload/download information using various programs (i.e. DisplayWrite IV, Microsoft Outlook, PSPC).
* Vocational training and/or equivalent experience.
* Intermediate knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* A college or university degree or equivalent experience
administrative skills gained through several years of experience in the
* Good judgment and initiative in assisting and relieving the manager by performing administrative support functions.
* Able to communicate skillfully and be a confidential, self-starting individual with strong dedication.