Salary: 25K +
Location: Springvale, Belfast, Northern Ireland
25 days annual leave,
Contributory pension scheme- Caterpillar will contribution Up to 6%
Contributory share scheme- Caterpillar will matched 50% of the employee's contribution
CAT Advantage - retail discounts scheme
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power is our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
As a Material Planning Analyst, you will collaborate with suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules, resolve issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for facility production. You’ll work with the facility production schedulers and operations personnel to support facility production and point of use material availability. You will ensure alignment of facility inventory accuracy and inventory systems planning parameters with the plan for every part to maintain planning integrity.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Ensuring the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate deliveries, shipping schedules and work schedules to meet facility production plans
* Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborating with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production
* Collaborating with suppliers to perform root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues
* Planning for alternate manufacturing methods, and requiring the ability to communicate effectively across multiple functions both in- and outside of the company
* Analysing established parts schedules and production requirements, converting requirements into appropriate piece parts, requisitioning the materials, regulating inventory levels and issuing work orders
* Working closely with facility supply chain planning resources to proactively address material requirements changes resulting from new product introduction and engineering / product change control
* Analysing engineering releases for changes and/or new releases and coordinates effective release dates to provide an efficient depletion of related existing stock items
* Managing/performing supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components
* Working with facility supply chain performance resources to implement supplier improvements based on supplier performance metrics
* Performing work to improve point of use material availability, providing leadership and guidance to teams applying root cause analysis and corrective actions to improve material availability and point of use availability
* Providing Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning, and actively supports facility Sales and Operations Planning
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
* Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma project management principles
* Ability to use and troubleshoot the MRP.
* Experience in Purchasing/Supply Chain environment.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment, working to deadlines
* General product knowledge
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
* College or university degree, or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management or Industrial Engineering
* APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification
*Significant knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management
* Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.K. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Close Date: Tuesday 7th April 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 15th April 2020 (Via video link)