WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager located in Island Lake, Illinois. As an EHS Manager you will provide strategic leadership and technical support to champion a proactive EHS strategy for our Kemper Value and Fitting Business. This role will report directly to the COGMD Divisional EHS Manager and work closely with the Kemper leadership and employees to continue to build a culture that is relentless in its pursuit of EHS Excellence.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Champion our EHS Excellence Strategy, including strong focus on leading indicators throughout the division
* Responsible for managing and reducing conformance and compliance risks following compliance calendar requirements
* Submit all regulatory reports, including environmental permits
* Build innovative solutions for the Kemper business, by utilizing data analytics, metric review, observations, audits, etc.
* Coach and guide our facilities around the world with both technical and cultural EHS support
* Identify safety/health/environmental hazards inherent in the organization’s operations and establish guidelines for protection from those hazards
* Lead EHS meetings, including monthly leadership EHS governance
* Mentor and coach EHS team throughout the division
* Develop relationships and gain understanding of internal customer needs (manufacturing, field and office)
* Continue to maintain EHS Assurance Manual Requirements (Caterpillar Corporate Requirement)
* Provide technical EHS leadership, including building and delivering interactive training
* Act as a liaison between regulatory/governmental agencies, including developing relationships across multiple states and countries
* Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a technical curriculum such as Environmental Health and Safety or a Scientific equivalent)
* 5+ years of previous EHS experience
* 2+ years of previous leadership experience (direct or indirect)
* Travel up to 20% of the time
Top Candidates will also have:
* Strong understanding of OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations and requirements
* Ability to set and execute a vision by inspiring and engaging teams through collaboration and communication
* Experience with EHS in a manufacturing and/or field services environment
* Proven ability to evaluate and solve complex technical and cultural EHS related issues
* Extensive understanding of complex EHS concepts and regulations
* Deliver Lean processes and solutions to customers (including minimizing waste throughout the division, providing clarity and driving to true root cause)
* Experience complying with environmental regulations in Oklahoma, Texas, Canada and Illinois
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.