This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2020
JOB PURPOSE: Supply Chain Planning Engr 2 handle advanced order and backorder related support by initiating actions in response to events or questions regarding dealer orders, situations and/or inquiries. There is a high sense of urgency associated with this role with emphasis on timely and accurate responses required. The job code is broad and can have different areas of primary emphasis while also requiring ability and flexibility to provide backup coverage in similar but different areas of business emphasis.
This posting is relevant to Order Management. Working in this capacity, an analyst will handle order support for a, internal (generally) business segment or entity within Caterpillar. This could include working with the entity to place or release orders on their behalf to a forecast or on an as-needed basis. Regardless of who placed the order, this position then provides ongoing order support and follow up to ensure timely order completion, backorder follow-up, obtaining Estimated Ship Dates and associated interaction with expediting or other internal work teams to drive the order to completion. Responsibility includes to perform complex analysis work, identifies and resolves problems that are less tactical and more strategic in nature. Challenges include developing and meeting expectations in delivering results, considering and recommending alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills. You may work more directly with other Caterpillar units, dealers and possibly, suppliers
This position requires the competencies to handle first level of elevations and efforts to resolve before elevating to respective supervisors or other work groups. In addition will be accountable to create RCCA for the Order flow and Back order Resolution time lines in order to ensure efficiency of services.
This role may on occasion also provide backup support and coverage for other special-order management areas of focus or International DOWN order support. This DOWN order management refers to overseeing and providing support for machine down orders (DOWN) and working with other Cat Parts Customer Services entities to support their respective follow-up with dealers. An understanding of the systems, tools, policies and process partners is common across all of these support segments and depending on work volumes may on occasion require a need for this flexibility.
Special Order Management Job Duties might vary but could include:
1. Monitoring and following (and at times placing) parts orders including addressing back orders through interaction with process support teams (expediting, purchasing, warehouse, quality, etc)
2. Building rapport and communicating on a regular basis with the appropriate facility and process partner contacts on order status and details while developing an understanding of expectations for the business segment being supported.
3. Engage Engineers, Product Groups or Technical resources for guidance as appropriate on critical orders
Special Order Support Analyst Goals include but are not limited to:
1. Bachelor degree in Engineering/Science/Commerce with 8-10 years of experience
2. Knowledge on After Market Parts business & 6 Sigma methodology
3. Demonstrated ability to work independently and to communicate effectively with others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers
4. Strong Customer Focus with Excellent Communication Skills: Written, Oral & Phone etiquette
5. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
6. Position requires strong/good working knowledge of the supply chain parts systems and processes
7. Team player with good analytical and problem solving skills
8. Advanced MS-Office skills and good presentation skills
9. Willing to work in US/Europe shifts
DESIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS: Use and/or strong familiarity with service parts systems such as ANTARES, warehouse systems (FL, EWM, RTS, etc), Supply Network Collaboration (SNC), and related processes and policies, Supply Chain certification(s) [CPIM,IIMM]