When you are a Program Management Developer at Caterpillar, you will facilitate program and project workshops, development sessions, meetings, gate reviews and other project meetings independently. You will also understand and adhere to divisional and corporate governance processes (NPI, LNPI).
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Be an expert in Project Management tools & processes.
* Facilitate projects, lead chartering sessions, develop/validate network diagrams, lead integration and compression sessions.
* Plan and lead program and project planning sessions.
* Function independently to lead a large, diverse program or project planning session.
* Prepare and do pre-work for the session as well as follow up and action ownership.
* Mentor/coach the leadership team and address leadership issues one-on-one with senior divisional and department management.
* Adapt to diverse business climates.
* Control the planning sessions - stop any side bar conversations constructively, and keep the team focused on the objectives.
* Provide input for staffing and support of programs and create accurate and detailed schedules.
* Successfully handoff off project to Program Managers or Project Coordinators.
* Mentor/train Program Manager and Coordinator positions.
* Interpret and communicate Voice of the Customer (VOC), Voice of Business (VOB), and Critical Customer Requirements (CCR) to develop a comprehensive Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to reduce program risk and enhance project schedule quality.
* Travel is required, including travel outside the US to support all business sectors and emerging market programs, which may include India, China, Japan, Brazil and Russia.
* A college or university degree with a technical focus.
* More than 9 years of experience in project management is required.
* Working experience in manufacturing facility is preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or influence others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
* Strong project management skills, team leadership skills, excellent communication skills, strong analytical and organizational skills.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.