This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2020
The DevSecOps will contribute to design, development and deployment of Caterpillar’s state-of-the-art digital platform. This position will build a world class platform to host a wide range of digital applications.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with individuals assigned in new program development and/or maintenance of existing mobile, WEB, Cloud, server, personal computer, mainframe, and/or distributed computing systems.
1. Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
2. Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
3. Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
4. Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
5. Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed
6. Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
7. Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
8. Guide the team to develop a structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment
9. Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
10. Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
11. Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others. Based on past experiences and knowledge, the incumbent normally works independently with minimal management input and review of end results.
· A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university degree
· 3+ years of DevOps experience (preferably with Azure DevOps Tool)
· Experience with scripting such as YAML, Bash and PowerShell
· Experience in Cloud deployments, preferably to AWS using AWS CloudFormation templates
· GIT based source control management (SCM)
Top Candidates will also have:
· Experience setting up and maintaining the full DevOps practice by integrating,
• Unit and end-end testing frameworks such as Jest, Cucumber, Selenium, ProtractorJS and Cypress
• Code analysis tools such as SonarQube or Veracode
· Experience with setup and policies of SSO/IAM and Application/Network security.
· Knowledge of and experience with network stack, protocols, network management and monitoring tools
· Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
· Experience working with Agile methodologies (preferred)