This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Apr 4, 2020
As a Parts Marketing Funds Manager at
Caterpillar, you will have an opportunity to lead team by training, managing,
and directing Commercial Consultants that are providing revenue support work
for Caterpillar products (essentially replacement parts or related products)
and complete related special projects as assigned.
Duties/Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Establishing and reviewing Fund Management proposals for Caterpillar products. The process includes analysis of sales history, volume forecast, competition, value premiums, costs and related factors.
* Working with Marketing, Sales execution, Business Resources Accounting, Economics, Legal, elsewhere in the company to obtain and evaluate information needed for making Funds utilization recommendations.
* Directing development of advanced strategic recommendations by staff. Also includes personally handling high level complicated analysis and projects
* Responsible for achieving specific Division objectives by aiding efforts to improve profitability through recommending revenue growth opportunities for price, volume or Percentage of Industry Sales (POPS). Analysis includes, where possible, suggested objective costs to be shared with the parts sales execution team and other business resources partners.
* Directly impacting specific Corporate objectives by aiding efforts to improve profitability and/or sales by direct input into pricing decisions and approvals discount programs, Marketing Campaigns, etc. and related activities.
* Managing, training the Parts marketing funds team responsible for parts Funds processes and systems.
* Assigning the work assignments in the marketing Funds arena and are responsible for the completion of their area's workload.
* managing completion of one or more of the following: monthly reports to sales execution partners; monitoring, documenting and analyzing Funds usage calculating and maintaining yield and revenue data in order to determine the effectiveness and profitability of pricing strategies and tactics. Lead various strategic projects related to the processes and systems transformation.
* Helping develop, monitor, evaluate and train Parts Marketing Funds personnel on corporate practices, policies, tactics and strategy.
* Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
* 8 to 10 years of job-related experience.
* High level of interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
* Demonstrated ability to lead and positively influence across the matrix and work closely with senior management
* Lead a Team working on several high visibility projects
* Coach the team during the transformation and be a strong change agent within the extended team
* Coach the team on the ''Lean'' principles and process improvements methodology
* Strong Aftermarket Knowledge and Exposure to the Field (dealers & customers preferably)
* Proven records of 6 Sigma, Lean, CPS or Similar Strong Project Management skills
* Proven ability to diagnose and find innovative solutions to unique
and complex problems continuously
* Metrics driven / oriented
* Experience with the legal aspects of sales variance policies, compliance and practices
* Ability to establish and manage governance structures for processes and policies, including defining and maintaining effective metrics.