Reporting to the Asia Pacific HR Manager, we are seeking an experienced and efficient HR Advisor to support our parts distribution facility located in Yatala, Queensland.
This generalist role will see you responsible for providing both operational and transactional support to employees and leaders across a wide range of HR functions including; general HR advice and guidance, employment relations, performance management, employee engagement, consulting and counselling, labour hire management, recruitment and selection and adhoc HR administration just to name a few.
Furthermore you will be required to provide support to local leaders to build their leadership capability, by equipping them with the right skills, tools and advice to effectively manage their teams. You will be viewed as a valued partner within the operation and other functional areas to support the development and roll out of local HR initiatives.
Responsibilities of the role may include, but are not limited to:
• Consult and counsel all levels of management, salaried and hourly employees;
• General HR advice and guidance to both blue & white collar employees;
• Performance management and disciplinary action advice;
• Management of end to end recruitment campaigns;
• Management of temporary labour hire;
• Lead new employee onboarding and induction programs;
• Maintain employee personnel files and HR information systems to ensure data accuracy and;
• Partner with HR Service Centres, Compensation + Benefits and Payroll teams to assist in the administration and support of employee remuneration.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management or a business related discipline or relevant job related experience;
- Demonstrated understanding of local and national HR legislation;
- Demonstrated success in delivering generalist HR support and advice at an advisory level;
- Experience working within logistics/warehouse distribution supporting both blue and white collar employees;
- Well-developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities;
- Experience in supervising HR personnel would be highly advantageous and;
- The ability to work autonomously and look for opportunities that generate ideas and change.
You must possess Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency to be considered for this opening.