This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Tucson, AZ, United States
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2020
The MineStar Health Product Group within Caterpillar's mining division is looking for a Condition Monitoring Advisor. In this role, you will have primary responsibilities for performing condition monitoring on mobile mining fleets as per our contractual agreements with customers. The duties include reviewing aggregated machine data sources, correlating anomalies from optimum performance, and creating work recommendations using the 5 elements of condition monitoring. Your work provides critical suggested actions to help customers lower owning and operating costs, improve reliability, availability, and achieve performance guarantees. These recommendations will improve customer loyalty, increase enterprise market share, and grow parts and service sales, while reducing the customer's costs through equipment management efficiency. Secondary duties as a Condition Monitoring Advisor will include coaching customers in improving their maintenance and repair practices in order to maximize the value of the work recommendations you provide. Lastly, duties also include collecting and communicating Voice of Customer in the area of technology as it pertains to maintenance and repair processes.
* Aggregates and correlates the five elements of condition monitoring, where all are available.
* Functions as a subject matter expert for each of the five condition monitoring elements.
* Provide equipment troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair recommendations to Caterpillar dealers and customers.
* Uses enabling software tools & systems to prioritize and analyze condition monitoring data inputs.
* Extracts or is provided data from the appropriate business systems including customer, dealer and contractor sources.
* Provides information for equipment management lead tracking and resolution.
* Prepares standard written reports of recommendations for customers and their Caterpillar dealers on a monthly basis.
* Facilitates ongoing customer meetings with Caterpillar dealers, industry groups, corporate accounts, and Cat regional district offices.
* Communicates verbal recommendations as required to customers and their Caterpillar dealers.
* Participates in customer maintenance planning meetings, with the intent of getting recommendations completed on time.
* Builds collaborative relationships & acts as a consultant with equipment management personnel.
* Collects voice of customer and voice of dealer for new features or technology products necessary to improve mobile fleet machines.
* Mentors & coaches other condition monitoring advisors, consultants, & pre field representatives.
* Associates degree in Engineering or Technical Field of Study OR 10+ years of experience in the product support and/or engineering fields.
* 3 years experience mobile mining machine maintenance and repair, planning and scheduling, and condition monitoring techniques.
* 5 years experience in customer service / contract, communication, multi-tasking, interpersonal and organizational skills are critical to succeed in this position.
* Experience using Caterpillar’s Equipment Care Advisor condition monitoring application.
* Possess the ability to work in team environment and work with diverse groups of customers and business partners.
* Working knowledge of diesel engines, power train, alternators, electrical and electronic systems, and hydraulic systems for both Caterpillar and non-Caterpillar equipment.
* Working knowledge of Product Link Elite™, VIMS, inspection process, equipment lifecycle planning, S•O•SSM Services, and the Service Information System is desired.
* Capable of providing leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members.
* Position requires initiative and ability to resolve issues either individually or through appropriate team guidance.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.