A chance to make quality products that
How does it feel to make something that
makes life better for people around the globe? As a Caterpillar manufacturing professional,
you’ll know—because every day you’ll make sure our customers get the quality
products they need to build our world’s infrastructure. And you’ll do it in
modern, clean, safe environments equipped with the latest technologies.
Surface Mining and
Technologies (SM&T) has an exciting opportunity available as a Quality
Supervisor based in Batam, Indonesia.
When you join team
Caterpillar as a Quality Supervisor, you will be responsible for championing
facility quality programs in adherence with the Caterpillar QMS at Batam
facility. This would include execution of Global Quality processes in support
of Facility CQMS (Caterpillar Quality Management System) certification and CAV
(Customer Acceptance Validation) – core process application.
may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining standards for quality
management systems, including documentation requirements, traceability, audit
procedures and process control requirements.
- Responsible for providing inputs into the
production control plan. These inputs
include risk data from the Design and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
(FMEA) as well as warranty information, previous inspection data, and
historical data from similar processes and products. Responsible for identifying key product risks
which need to be managed through the deployment of a control plan or IPV (In-Process
- Responsible for creating, providing and maintaining
the quality gate checklist/inspection tools for Inspector.
- Provide process coaching/training to Inspector.
- Analyze and evaluate quality-related metrics 2 MIS
DPU (Months in Service) (Defects per Unit), Miss/Found/New data to identify
where improvement opportunities may exist
- Responsible for ensuring the calibration of all
inspection and checking equipment, gages, and masters used during the
calibration process. Also responsible for ensuring retention of calibration
records of the master gages where required.
- Responsible for defining process metrics and
targets at the appropriate level and ensure these metrics and targets support
enterprise metrics and targets
- Responsible for analyzing the Quality Gate data and
field performance and make decisions and assign action-items related to
improvement of the effectiveness of the quality management system and their
processes, improvement of the product related to customer requirements, and
- Proficient in English language.
- A bachelor’s degree of mechanical
- 5 (five) years working experience on quality
- Good analysis, diagnostic and judgment skills and
good computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills are essential to develop
a cooperative working relationship with others, both inside and outside the
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).