This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Wuxi, 32, China
Date Posted: Apr 11, 2020
DEPARTMENT and JOB OVERVIEW
An exciting opportunity exists within the Energy & Transportation IT (E&T IT) team based in Wuxi. This critical role will lead a team supporting E&T sites across Asia. Your role will drive the alignment of IT to enable each businesses strategy and initiatives, by maintaining a close relationship with business leaders and process partners. You will drive a strategic roadmap and operational portfolio to deliver improved and new business capabilities, whilst also driving for continuous quality and cost improvements for existing solutions
The Successfully candidate will be accomplish this by 1) building relationships with business partners to fully understand their strategy and needs, 2) representing those needs within the IT delivery organization to help prioritize and fulfil, 3) managing the operational support of those businesses including proactively managing IT Risk, Incident, Problem and Change Management methodologies, 4) leading a team of employees who assist in delivering these business outcomes, whether directly at the site or indirectly.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
· Build relationships with business partners to fully understand their strategy, current portfolio and improvement areas
· Lead a team with responsibility for delivering business outcomes, sometimes directly in support of local systems and solutions, sometimes indirectly by understanding requirements and ensuring demand is managed through to completion with global internal and external service providers.
· Act as change agent with accountability to communicate changes and new technologies to the business partner, working alongside the business’ communications team.
· Primary provider of communications to staff, manage the technical training and development of staff, assists in career development planning including responsibility for the motivation of staff to meet objectives, formal performance evaluation of staff and is accountable for accomplishment of group objectives
· Maintain the section budget
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
· 3-5 years of experience that includes business engagement management, portfolio management and/or team leadership
· 1-3 years of managing IT Service Management Process including Incident, Problem and Risk
· Strong Business Acumen in both English and Chinese
· At least 5 years of experience within IT
· Experience or high-volume manufacturing environments
· 1-3 years of experience with broad exposure to Caterpillar Business
· Good interpersonal, leadership, delegation, team work and communications skills
· Proven problem-solving skills
· Familiar with Project Management methodologies (Waterfall and Agile)
· Intellectually curious, adaptability and quick learning
· Experience working with onshore/offshore team model.