WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters!
The Electric Power Division currently has an exciting opportunity for a Large Electric Power Solutions (LEPS) Market Development Consultant - Americas located in Mossville, Illinois. As an LEPS Market Development Consultant at Caterpillar, you will be accountable for the development and execution of marketing and merchandising programs to support the sales and application efforts for assigned Electric Power Division products. This includes but not limited to understanding market segmentation, technical product benefits connected with NPI programs, and interface with field based territory managers & design assist resources both Cat and Dealer employees to help meet sales objectives and OAPCC goals.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Provide leadership to business unit in covering industries, markets, new products, applications, and distribution needs to support new business development in adjacent markets to Caterpillar current business. This will include identification, evaluation, business case development, and implementation support. Results and recommendations for business development are reported to senior management
* Participate in long-term strategy development, assist in developing and maintaining multi-year plans and objectives, and provides competitive analysis to support business planning. Interprets competitive current and future capabilities and plans across a broad range of industries and markets and executes financial analysis in profit center strategic planning
* Lead management in planning major programs, products, and objectives for business unit investment for new sales growth
* Develop processes for business unit to support market identification and evaluation, and to institutionalize business development best practices
* Act as an advisor or consultant to senior management
* Serve as a company wide resource on a highly specialized area or serve multiple units in a broader functional area and assist senior management in interpreting and using information provided
* Challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems. Resolve issues by following departmental guidelines or applying a solution that worked in the past
* Travel frequently to understand regional or worldwide business conditions