This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Apr 22, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: Lead and supervise the staff of the accounting department and act as a primary support to the Finance Manager. May have similar responsibilities as the Accountant III. Develop, prepare and distribute reports, which reflect the financial position, results of operations and related financial data for the Subsidiary or Branch on a consolidated US GAAP basis. Provide support in the development of accounting processes and reports, maintain account activities, and assist with financial statements during monthly closing. May be responsible for all Central Bank reporting.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Managed Portfolio: Less than $200 MM
Number of Contracts: Less than 2000
Number of Functions Managed: Accounting only or + 2 other functions
Number of Legal Entities Responsible: 1
Annual Business Volume: Varies by assignment
Annual Expense Budget: Varies by assignment
Annual Payroll Budget: Varies by assignment
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities vary, but may include one or more of the following:
1. Directs the work of the accounting department and assist the Finance Manager in carrying out the integration of the subsidiary into the US GAAP closing process.
2. Prepares and distributes on a timely basis reports to the Corporate Accounting Department according to US GAAP.
3. Identifies and resolves systems problems and may have leadership role in maintenance of the system.
4. Prepares internal management reports with appropriate analysis and comments, such as the significant figures report and income statement variances reports.
5. Controls and reconciles inter-company billings.
6. Carries out all aspects of local Central Bank reporting requirements.
7. Reports financial information to Cat Inc. treasury, real estate, legal, accounting, etc., as required for their external reporting press releases and surveys.
8. Coordinates activities for audit reviews performed by the internal and external auditors.
9. Assigns work to the staff, reviews their work, gives feedback to employees to achieve continuous improvement, applies HR practices and policies, and creates a work environment in the department that encourages employee satisfaction and increases productivity.
10. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
11. Understands the Equal Opportunity and Harassment policies of the company, applies them in all aspects of management and maintains an environment, which is consistent with these policies.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Advanced knowledge of and ability to apply math computation skills including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as statistics and other mathematical concepts used in modeling.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to use the software packages associated with CFSC accounting.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP, FASB's, FOGAP and Caterpillar Inc. procedures.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of lease, hedge and "foreign currency" accounting.
5. Knowledge of CFSC operations.
6. Accurate and timely financial reporting for CFSC, internally and externally.
7. Maintain procedures and controls to protect the assets of the company.
8. Foster high quality standards driven by company objectives and a strong motivation for continuous improvement of CFSC.
9. Assist in maintaining an environment conducive to collaboration across business units and job functions.
10. Interpret various SEC and US GAAP regulations and recommend adjustments when changes occur.
11. Ensure the provision of accurate and timely information regarding various financial activities to CFSC, Caterpillar Inc., and outside government agencies.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year college or university degree in accounting or a relevant business discipline and a minimum of 6 years progressive exempt experience in, and a thorough knowledge of the financial accounting activities of a multinational company are recommended. CPA/CMA preferred.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a Bachelor’s Degree in another discipline plus 18 credit hours of Accounting, or successful completion of the Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) exam or the international equivalent. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required. A minimum of 6 years of exempt accounting experience is recommended. Must have a broad understanding of accounting and business processes, concepts and systems. CPA or CMA certification is preferred.
Intermediate Excel skills.