This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: Provide assistance in the development of detailed system specifications for major business systems or technical support and/or development, integration and implementation projects. Collaborate with business partners, specialists, architects and suppliers to determine project scope, goals and ensure applications standards are met. Work with minimal to no supervision in developing solutions to customer related requests and/or system problems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities vary, but may include various combinations of the following duties.
1. Provide technical systems support, including problem identification and resolution and integration of technical solutions.
2. Follows and executes established development and support processes, including but not limited to, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) or related methodologies.
3. Collaborates with business partners to gather requirements for technical solutions and troubleshoots system related issues.
4. Performs advanced configurations, integrations, implementations and upgrades of existing systems.
5. Provides leadership and support to projects, including task planning and execution.
6. Works on more complex projects that may span multiple functional areas.
7. Works within objectives and instructions for use in designing, testing and documentation.
8. Identifies and works to automate tasks and processes with scripting and automation tools.
9. Stays current with industry trends and technologies (e.g. certifications, industry groups, etc.).
10. Meets the quality standards set forth by management.
11. Ensures availability when necessary for off-shift and weekend support functions.
12. Incorporates enterprise security standards into functional area.
13. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
14. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team.
2. Ability to communicate future direction with leadership.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
4. Demonstrated working ability to independently manage multiple tasks and participate on one or more projects.
5. Demonstrated working knowledge of and ability to independently apply SDLC, ITSM or related methodologies.
6. Strong working knowledge of and ability to independently apply two or more programming and/or scripting languages (e.g. Java, .Net, SQL, PL/SQL, PowerShell, Bash, etc.), including respective system sizing, performance and disaster recovery plan.
7. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new technologies.
8. Demonstrated ability to assist in design and develop technical systems strategy for core business procedures and operations.
9. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and recommend process changes that improve the overall implementation, maintenance and support of applications.
10. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply basic math and data analysis skills.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year college or university degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 4 to 6 years of enterprise technology experience is recommended. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Advanced knowledge of databases, SQL development, and PL/SQL Development. Technical knowledge in computer systems, databases, and large mission-critical application support. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change quickly.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Management Information Services strongly preferred. Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with Information Services and Business partners. Ability to quickly learn and understand new technologies and collaborate with team members and a variety of technical infrastructure and application development teams.