Candidate will serve as Office 365 administrator with focus on Exchange and SharePoint administration. They will also play the role subject matter expert on BU demands and projects in the O365 space. They will be responsible for reviewing existing application technologies, assess future direction for existing technologies, evaluate candidates for technology replacement, develop proofs of concept for capabilities, and provide implementation roadmap(s) by applying a combination of industry best practices, learned solutions, and innovation. This role is a promoter of collaborative relationships, balanced with maintaining high standards, to improve the overall quality of services and to support regulatory compliance and security. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to lead, build, and deliver system strategies and solutions; create and implement application standards, guidelines, and best practices; and must have experience in developing complex, scalable systems that both solve the current problem and include flexibility for future requirements, by design.
In addition, they would also provide third level support of escalatedO365 incidents, utilization of remote management tools, partnering with the appropriate vendors and implementing corrective measures tactically and permanently.
Incumbent will be responsible for Office 365 exchange and SharePoint administration; providing End-user support and training for Collaboration Tools and collaborating with various IT groups to ensure Security and governance guidelines are met.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensuring the operational health of the SharePoint online environment including security, availability, performance, interoperability and reliability
• Provide tier L3 support and troubleshooting for Exchange and Sharepoint Online
• Maintenance/sustainment of existing SharePoint environments
• Administer and support Microsoft Exchange including security, availability, performance, interoperability and reliability
• Training and educating end-users on O365 capabilities and collaboration tools (OneDrive, Teams, OneNote, Outlook etc)
• O365 licenses management
• Maintain and provide support for all IT infrastructure
• Provide tier L3 support and troubleshooting for Exchange and SharePoint Online
• Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work;
• Acts as team leader for development and O365 support groups; provides programming and application/technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members;
• Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls;
• Works independently on complex systems that may be used by one or more applications or systems
• BS Degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• 8-10 years of professional experience in IT service related role.
• 3+ years experience administering O365, Exchange, Active Directory and SharePoint environment
• 3+ years help desk experience and ability to provide technical and end-user support
• 3+ years experience of IT Security systems and protocol.
• Must be able to travel to remote locations and branches.
• Must be able to work overtime/weekends as needed.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Knowledge of Mobile Device Management tool: InTune
• Knowledge of Caterpillar security policies and procedures
• Ability to facilitate meetings/technical discussion to achieve participant engagement and desired outcome.
• Ability to lead team on special projects.
• Experience in PowerShell, and Python
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage complexities and competing priorities.
• Ability to combine judgment, experience, analytic skills and business knowledge to make sound decisions.
• Highly developed problem solving ability.
• Sound understanding of network protocols particularly TCP/IP and exposure to LAN/WAN technologies.
• Network knowledge and troubleshooting experience
• General knowledge of Conditional Access experience
• Strong customer communication skills for understanding technical problems and clearly explaining solutions.
• Must have excellent oral and written language skills and professional demeanor.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers