This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2020
As a Senior Staff Accountant at Caterpillar, you will independently perform accounting functions which require preparation, analysis and communication of issues of normal to high complexity that support Caterpillar business processes.
Support world-wide Brand Investment (Sponsorships, Brand Campaigns,
Trade Market Licensing) and service group organizations, including Digital
Marketing, Data Strategy & Analytics, Creative and Marketing Services
Job Duties/Responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to:
* internal management accounting, including profit center, service center, and business unit reporting
* coordination of purchased services and accountable target costs
* estimating various forecast and budget scenarios as needed based on changing business conditions
* financial accounting including consolidation, analysis and communication of division or multiple business units’ results / explanations
* presentation and explanation of results to management
* communication of results to corporate offices
* accounting user representative for financial systems
*identify areas for improvement/efficiency within team
* Bachelor's level degree in Accounting; Non-Accounting degree requires 18 hours of core accounting courses or approved certification (CPA/CMA)
* Professional Certification (Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent)
* MBA or Master’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent).
* 3.0 / 4.0 Grade Point Average (Account GPA & Cumulative GPA) or equivalent.
* Accounting experience at a large public accounting firm or a Fortune 500 company.
* Demonstrate initiative,
leadership, good judgment and accountability
* Demonstrate very good communication skills and have a comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar businesses, products, suppliers and customers
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers