This job posting is no longer active.
Location: East Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 28, 2020
Provide architectural leadership of the Enterprise Security’s Infrastructure Protection team service offerings. The Infrastructure Protection team provides security evaluations of connectivity requests for proxy exceptions, firewall rules, cloud connectivity, and network access control profiles. The team also provides operational support and ownership for the Secure the Factory passive network monitoring solution.
· Collaborate with firewall rule requesters, application teams, security architects, and other team members to ensure requests align with Caterpillar policies.
· Review and provide counsel for requests to help align them with the enterprise direction, policies, or enhance security around a solution.
· Understand network models and enterprise policies to ensure the alignment of a request.
· Offer alternative solutions if a request does not align with current policies.
· Serve as an advisor/consultant to assist groups to design future solutions.
· Based on past experiences and knowledge, work with minimal management input and review of end results.
· Develop or support changes to team’s automation code written in Python, Perl, MySQL, Java script, php, HTML, and CSS.
· Provide input to help develop future network or application deployment models.
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction to fulfill standard service requests.
· Ability to work with a global customer and technical audience.
· Functional level understanding of cloud network solutions, firewall administration, network traffic collection tools, and overall understanding of network infrastructure.
· Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management.
· Identifies the need for new security technology solutions; designs, reviews and collaborates on the deployment of new solutions.
· Acts as a resource for direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
· Stays informed about the latest developments in the security field, including threats towards the organization, tools, attack vectors, and cutting edge preventative measures.
· Participates in new products or technology solutions supported by appropriate ROI, total cost of ownership, and/or cost benefit analyses.
· Analyzes business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risks, and recommends technologies and solutions to mitigate them.
This position requires a minimal amount of travel; up to 10% of work time.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
· 5-7 years of progressively responsible job-related experience (network and/or IT)
· An understanding of firewall rule policies, networking tools, security best practices, and cloud networking solutions within AWS & Azure
· A deep understanding of the tiered DMZ, factory firewalls, extranet connectivity models and enterprise policies
· High level of initiative and accountability
· Experience working with global customers to document, derive, and develop requirements
· 2-4 years of security related training or experience
· Knowledge of Caterpillar process and enabling technology
· Strong diagnostic and analytical skills
· Understanding of the Caterpillar organization
· Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions
· Ability to understand, develop and enhance the Infrastructure Protection team processes
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction to fulfill standard service requests
· Unix/Windows or network administrative experience
· Application/Infrastructure architecture experience
· One or more of the following preferred: CISSP, CISA, GIAC
· Knowledge of bash, Linux, MYSQL, Python, Perl, MySQL, Java script, php, HTML, and CSS.
· Understanding of information security and risk analysis processes (e.g. threat modeling)
The Hiring Manager sits in East Peoria, IL but location is flexible and can be remote.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers