Looking for a Leader to manage, lead and coach a team of 5-10 full time Caterpillar employees, work director for contract employees, and have responsibility for Deploying Core ERP solutions. Selected candidate needs to have excellent communication and organization skills and be able to work closely with business units on their development and support of the applications assigned to the group.
Manager of an application group with responsibility for multiple teams that perform implementation, support functions and development for complex customer application/technical systems that relate to Core SAP ERP applications.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Reporting to the incumbent are internal and contracted resources that may include any or all of the following: Senior IT Analysts, IT Analysts (various levels of experience), Associate IT Analysts, and other technical personnel at various levels.
• This position works closely with Business Partners at either manufacturing facilities or supporting organizations across regions to define major transformation project charters.
• The incumbent provides guidance and deliverables to ensure customer quality needs are met.
• This position directs the work efforts of professional and technical Caterpillar employees as well as contracted resources that provide consulting services. In addition, the incumbent will provide direction to define, design, develop, implement, and maintain complex application systems as requested by the customer. The incumbent provides guidance and an end results review to ensure customer quality needs are met.
• The incumbent utilizes Caterpillar standards, practices, and processes; establishes, manages, and reports adherence to schedules and may contribute to resolution of complex problems and systems challenges that involve careful interpretation, analysis and diagnosis.
• Anticipates potential systems difficulties related to complex problems, identifies alternatives from many choices, and recommends the best solutions. Considers interrelationships of the functional areas involved, assures timely communications among related areas in order to support the creation of effective, reliable systems to meet changing business needs of multiple customers and corporate requirements.
• The incumbent reviews standard courses of action and recommends the best options. The job requires the ability to create and make clear and useful presentations based on ideas, issues, and observations. One key role for the incumbent is that of change agent related to complex application components impacting worldwide I/T customers.
• The incumbent is the primary provider of communications to staff, helps manage the technical training and development of staff, assists in career development planning including responsibility for the motivation of staff to meet objectives, formal performance evaluation of staff and is accountable for accomplishment of group objectives.
• Contributes to improvement in system efficiency, costs, and quality and works closely with IS management, Business Managers, Division Managers and customer management in selecting projects and keeping them informed of progress and major problems. Works closely with the systems architects to explore alternatives and contributes to system evolution.
• Provides input to staffing decisions, counsels staff and may serve on special projects and committees. Participates in the objective setting and business planning process and assists with cost containment and improvement, efficient use of resources and customer satisfaction.
• The incumbent develops well prepared action plans for the current year and has a clear sense of what needs to be achieved in the year to come. Limited travel may be required to make presentations and assure satisfactory operation of installed systems.
• Adapt to diverse business climates.
• Able to manage vendors and their teams within region.
• Flexible for business travel up to 25%-50% to various Caterpillar facilities spread across regions.
- Bachelors’ degree with an overall IT experience of more than 12 years.
- Minimum 5 years progressive working knowledge of SAP.
- Demonstrated skills in strategic planning, project management, business process improvement and IT application or system deployments.
- Must have held a position that demonstrated excellent decision-making skills, problem solving skills, good leadership (people, stakeholder & technical) and team / demand management capabilities and experience leading a Multi-functional team.
- Requires strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, influencing, and interpersonal skills to successfully achieve goals across Caterpillar organization.
- Knowledge of business operations including the technical infrastructure and general business processes.
- Strong customer focus, thorough knowledge of company products / applications and an understanding of dealer operations.
- Understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results.
- Work effectively in fast paced environment
- PMP or 6 Sigma Black Belt is a plus.
- APICS CPIM/CSCP Certification is a plus.
- Strong functional knowledge of Caterpillar SAP Core Manufacturing applications.
- Working Knowledge of Caterpillar SAP Common Business System ERP application