Commercial Estimator & Quotation Officer / Administrator
Location: Singapore, State Not Specified, Singapore
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2020
- Converts service RFQ's and tender submittal's into accurate, professional, and competitive service quotations, offers, estimates.
- Uses information available to develop and create accurate and professional service quotations, offers, and estimates in an efficient and fast turn around time in accordance to the requested scope of supply/work and schedule.
- Needs to work with other team members i.e. PSSR's, service manager when necessary to identify necessary resources and time to perform a certain job.
- Ensures that each quotation is competitive in terms of pricing, scope of supply, allocated resources and manpower.
- Checks accuracy of quotations where necessary with PSSR's prior to submittal. Applies any management approved discount terms including those covered under Variance D or Variance E CVA programs.
- Submits service quotations, offers, and estimates to customers. Documents and records each submittal. Proactively follows up with each customer to confirm that 1) That the quotation was received 2) The quotation is in line with the customers requirements 3) Go through the quotation with the customer to ensure that they fully understand the content 4) Obtain customer feedback on content and competitiveness including price level 5) Evaluate customer feedback and look at necessary changes 6) Report back to management 7) Make changes and submit a revised quotation if necessary 8) Follow up again.
- Understands and applies existing customer credit terms in quotations when necessary.
- Ensures that all service quotations, offers, estimates are prepared and maintained in AX.
- Updates AX accordingly to record the status of every service quotation including reasons for 'lost', 'delayed', and 'cancelled' quotations.
- Is familiar with Caterpillar corporate travel security policy and will take into consideration travel security requirements, restrictions, as well as visa requirements for service locations outside of Singapore.
Able to work alone with minimal supervision.
Prepares professional reports.
Attend follow up meetings with customers when necessary.
Must be prepared to work outside of standard office hours and on weekends if necessary in order to prepared and submit service quotations in the required time frame.
Must be easily contactable by customers and other team members outside of standard office hours.
The position develops the ability to manage the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others.
Must have at least 5 years of prior commercial experience in a similar role, preferably with prior knowledge in preparing commercial offers and quotations for a marine servicing company i.e. shipyard etc. Preferably with prior in experience and knowledge in servicing medium speed engine servicing. Either degree or technical diploma holders with required hands on experience is a requirement. Must have a good command of the English language including reading and writing skills, and able to converse in English in a reasonable but professional manner. Able to use basic computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, AX etc.
Must be in good health and willing to work outside of standard office working hours whenever necessary. Team player, energetic, passionate about taking on this position.