Caterpillar's legacy of industry leadership dates back to 1925. We have a global footprint with product in more than 180 countries. Caterpillar is a Fortune 100 company that makes up the most diverse product line in the industry with more than 300 products. We work in industries that provide long-term economic value: commodities (mining, oil and gas); infrastructure (heavy construction, rail, paving, quarry and aggregate); and building construction (residential, commercial, standby power, industrial engines and forestry).
At Caterpillar you will have global exposure and opportunities, deep employee and leadership development resources and a compelling career path to make it possible to have the flexibility and excitement of a diverse career without needing to "start over" at a new company. Even while building deep expertise in one function, our employees can experience different career opportunities by moving between our many business units, locations and product lines throughout their career.Responsibilities:
You will work up to 20 hours per week during the school year and continue as a full time intern during the summer at the Caterpillar Black Hills Engineering Design Center in Rapid City, SD. You will work under the direction of a design engineer on various projects including design, modeling, analysis, and programming on Caterpillar machines, engines, subsystems, and components. You will interact directly with other Caterpillar locations and product groups on a variety of projects.
Qualifications If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.Basic Qualifications:
Top Candidates will also have:
- Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college in one of the following degree programs: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science
- Applicant must attend 4-year university within driving distance to the facility in which they will be working
- Applicant must be able to work 15-20 hours per week during the school year, full time during the summer. School year schedule is flexible based upon class schedule. Looking for candidates to start in the Spring
- GPA requirements: minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Leadership skills
- Previous internship in a technical role
- Proficiency in Creo, Solidworks, or other engineering modeling software
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.