What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The CAT Oil & Gas and Marine Division has an exciting opportunity
for a Quality Engineer in Island Lake, Illinois. In this role, as the Quality Supervisor at Kemper Valve and Fittings a division of Caterpillar, you will provide support for quality initiatives in facility operations, supplier quality, and materials technology. Position will ensure conformity to global quality processes defined in the Caterpillar Quality Management System (QMS), day to day management of quality resources, and ensure resources are trained and competent.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for conformity to global quality processes and reporting to management on QMS process execution.
- Responsible for setting priorities, establishing review schedules for product and equipment quality control, and managing shop floor quality controllers. Decisions made by this position have significant impact on the quality reputation of company products.
- Interprets inspection policies and procedures and supervises the activities and measures performance of quality control personnel daily.
- Responsible for overseeing the execution of Quality Gates, Measurement and monitoring equipment strategy and scheduling equipment control.
- Organize checking, repair of measurement devices.
- Conducts initial testing, selection, training and assessment of quality controllers.
- Responsible for quality associated with a product line or value stream including auditing and certification.
- Supervises or manages a work unit of hourly employees where planning, scheduling, training, monitoring, and reviewing work of subordinates is required, and is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
- Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Efficiency, Process Quality, Part Quality, Internal Quality Certification, Vendor Certification, ISO 9000 Certification, etc.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics with an excellent understanding of quality management practices or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Quality in a manufacturing environment, 5+ years of experience without
- 1+ years of supervisory experience.
- Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
- Intermediate level of expertise with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
This position is located in Island Lake, IL.
- This position does not offer relocation assistance. Any relocation costs incurred would
be the responsibility of the selected applicant
This position will close Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 11:59 PM CST.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.