For 95 years, Caterpillar has provided the solutions that help our customers build a better world and Used Caterpillar equipment has continually been one of the driving forces behind this purpose. Here, you can do the work that matters.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a driven person to join the Global Rental and Used Equipment Services (GRUES) division as a Global Used Product Marketing Consultant (PMC). Focused on Global Used Equipment Services, you will play a crucial role in ensuring global alignment between GRUES and the Machine Business Divisions (MBD) and Global Aftermarket Solutions Division (GASD).
In this highly visible role, you will:
· Be the “Go to person” for issues related to achieving sales plan (Pricing, Product, availability, coverage) for the Used Sales Manager
· Own the global go to market strategy and execution including plans and priorities, pricing strategies, customer loyalty improvement projects and global Long-Term Forecast coordination.
· Own the Sales Variance (SV) management for Used including second level support for SV claims, tracking of SV and monitoring for overspend/underspend projections.
· Lead the Global Used Equipment Services Growth initiatives from a Marketing perspective. Working with Data / Analytics teams, you will quantify Parts Sales in Used, identify new customers from Used and track revenue from those new customers.
· Employ storytelling strategies and strategic use of Caterpillar communication tools to drive the successes and impact of Global Used Equipment to the enterprise.
· Identify Dealer Used profitability issues and develop strategies to overcome them globally. Support the execution of the turn-around plans.
· Make market driven recommendations on Cat Certified Used (CCU) equipment sales, units and growth strategies across multiple industries to achieve CCU and revenue targets globally.
· Support the development of defined marketing programs to achieve GRUES plan for CCU and Customer Value Agreements (CVA).
· Be GRUES’ Global Voice of Market input to the GRUES management and future data / analytics tool growth; Lead multiple price positioning projects spanning across regions and global price realization targets.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience (4 years) relevant to this role.
· 10 years’ extensive product marketing experience including a solid working understanding of customers, dealers and product groups
· Demonstrated strong understanding of sales variance
· Demonstrated ability to be successful in a heavily matrixed environment
· Previous experience delivering price realization targets, OPACC initiatives, S&OP forecasts, launching new products, LTF coordination and NPI marketing recommendations.
· Field Rep Experience
· Demonstrated product knowledge, NPI process understanding and experience working price/value analysis and disconnects.
· Strong leadership capabilities, organizational and analytical skills
· High proficiency in working team dynamics and interpersonal relationships.
· Broad business background, excellent communication skills and be willing to be a strong advocate of the customer and the enterprise.
Top candidates will also bring:
· Previous global experience
· MBA or similar post baccalaureate degree
· Black Belt
· Multiple language capabilities
This position requires up to 30% travel.
This position offers relocation assistance.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers