Lead & perform engineering design, development and validation for NPI, cost reduction and quality improvement to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality and serviceability.
- Lead/perform component engineering activity to meet product engineering target & customer requirement
- Conduct DFMEA, DVP & R (design verification plan & report), execute DVP on time as project plan
- Lead design review meeting
- Lead APQP process completely followed up for component design & development
- Lead engineering solutions to fix quality issues, e.g. myNPI, production quality, ADQ and CPI issues
- Lead engineering solutions for component cost reduction and re-sourcing
- Write TAN (Technical Authority Note) & EDR (Engine Design Requirement)
- As system/component owner, advise and answer engineering questions which come from cross function team and customers, high frequently collaborate with SDE, Buyer, Application Engineer, Product Team and Sales & Marketing.
- Visit supplier to help supplier process improvement
Background / Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree or above in Engine/Automobile/Mechanical Engineering
- 6+ years of component engineering design & development experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated proficiency in Pro/E and/or other model and drawing design assistance system
- Good at multitasking optimizing and deliver desired result under challenging requirement of quality, cost & timeline.
- Good English oral and written communication skills
- Good team collaboration
- High customer focusing & high urgency sense to customer requirement
- Willing to travel frequently (10% of year, max)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office software (Excel, Powerpoint etc)
- Engine component design & development experience
- Familiar with engine structure and application condition