This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Arvin, CA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2020
Now is a great time to join us! Caterpillar has recently been recognized as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes Magazine. Our team is currently looking for a talented individual to fill the role of a Warehouse Associate at Caterpillar Inc. As a Warehouse Associate at Caterpillar Inc., you will work from a variety of source documents to verify part numbers, part locations and quantities. In addition to counting parts and filling orders, you will conduct first line, basic quality assessment of parts for damage and defects.
This position has the potential to jumpstart your career with Caterpillar leading to regular full-time employment
$16.00 Starting Hourly Rate
Must be able to work any shift
* Mon-Thurs 2pm-1230am (Fri-Sun 0ff) (will include $0.75 shift differential)
* Wed-Thurs 6am-6pm & Friday 3pm-3am (will include $0.75 shift differential)
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Utilizing heavy equipment, reach trucks, sit-down forklifts and overhead cranes.
* Performing material handling and warehousing functions as required.
* Order filling, processing, storing/ picking of parts, materials, equipment and supplies.
* Operating automated packaging equipment, shipping and receiving.
* Previous employment experience of any kind
Top candidates will also have:
* Experience with operation of materials handling equipment
* 6 months previous distribution center, warehouse, and/or order filling experience
* Previous SAP warehouse management system experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodations):
* Must be able to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes
* Infrequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds
* Work at heights of up to 20 feet from the floor
* Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures
* Walk squat and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes
* No relocation is offered
* Located in Arvin, California
* Must be able to work any shift
* Various shifts available
* Safety is a core value at Caterpillar. We owe it to our employees and their families to work in a safe and secure workplace. All candidates for employment must successfully pass a preemployment drug screen held to the DOT standards for prohibited substances,
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers