This job posting is no longer active.
Location: City Not Specified, NE, United States
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2020
Build a career—or three or four different ones.
Large Electric Power provides industry-leading distributed generation products, systems and services to help our customers and Dealers succeed. Caterpillar Switchgear supplies Cat dealers with Cat branded low- and medium- voltage switchgear, stand-alone synchronizing controls, and automatic transfer switches in North America. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, CAT Switchgear supports complex electrical interface and controls associated with integrated power solutions.
Caterpillar Electric Power Division currently has an opening for a Field Service Engineer position supporting the Alpharetta, GA facility based in the Central Plains Region of the US. This position can be based in Oklahoma, Nebraska or Kansas. The Field Service Engineer will provide technical support of field startups of both standard and non-standard Switchgear systems, warranty efforts, remedial repairs, and preventative maintenance contracts in assigned territory. This position will be under the general supervision of the Regional Service Manager.
Job Duties Include but are not limited to:
* PLC programming experience (Allen Bradley, Schneider, Siemens, GE, etc.), preferred
* Human Machine Interface programming experience (Rockwell, Schneider, Siemens, GE, etc.), preferred.
* AC/DC Schematic and wiring diagram interpretation skills, required.
of Power Distribution and Switchgear preferred
* Submit project schedules, daily reports, and weekly expenses in a timely manner.
* Stay current with training on all new and updated platforms.
* Responsible for territory customer satisfaction.
* As needed, assist or train technicians, both internal and external customers, in preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and testing of equipment under contract with Caterpillar Switchgear.
* Assist the Product Support Center help desk to resolve customer issues.
* Assist the dealer service and sales personnel in promoting products and services
* Provide Engineering/Technical support for Regional Sales Group.
* Think and Act Strategically: Business Acumen, Vision and Purpose, Intellectual Rigor
* Get Results: Drive for Results, Change and Adaptability, Leveraging Resources
* Build Organizational Capability: Managerial Courage, Holding Self and Others Accountable,
* Developing and Motivating Others
* Demonstrated Leadership Style: Interpersonal Communication Skills, Professional Presence
* Others: Customer Focus, Negotiating
* Minimum 3 years job related experience. (Electrical/Electronics Engineering/Technicians) Maintenance,
* Experience with the Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, & Outlook.
* Experience with Adobe PDF document editing.
* Must possess a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Top candidates will also have:
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent business and commercial skills.
* Advanced organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills.
* Position territory will include major cities in the Central Plains Region of the United States.
* Position requires 90-95% work within assigned territory.
* Position includes on-call duty for assigned territory.
live close to a major airport within the position territory. (within an hour’s drive)
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.