Are you looking to use your knowledge and expertise to positively impact our world? As a Work Tool Product Service Engineer in the Excavation division at Caterpillar, you will realize this opportunity by monitoring the overall performance of excavation work tool products located in the Americas region such as buckets, couplers and hydromechanical tools and ensuring our solutions help our customers build a better world. For the right individual, this will be an exciting opportunity to join the Excavation team where a wide range of Hydraulic Excavator products are designed, developed and built.
Specifically, you can expect to:
· Monitor the overall performance of products to reduce warranty costs and to meet needs of customers worldwide.
· Identify problems, investigate causes and establish priorities for resolution.
· Define problems in terms of observed symptoms, research available data, define applications and conditions encountered, identify root cause, work with dealers and technical staff to identify information needed, issue PIR (Product Improvement Request), develop plans to fix problem including validation, and publish corrective action; Identify tests that need to be completed, data to be obtained and analyzed for course of action and monitor results after change.
· Initiate action for product improvement via PIP/PSP) warranty program preparation to address commercial/business impact of field concerns.
· Initiate preparation and distribution of technical publications to identify problems, communicate resolutions and announce product improvements.
· Provide input to NPI (New Product Introduction) team to set serviceability, reliability and durability goals and pilot test program.
· Provide technical product support to dealer personnel, subsidiary service groups, marketing units, design engineers, technical information division, test and evaluation, etc.
· Support marketing units with technical guidance
· Support design engineer activity; identify market needs to be considered in new/changes to product.
· Provide counsel to subsidiary plant service engineering/product quality on product problem maintenance.
· Respond to dealer/customer and other Caterpillar employee questions regarding product performance.
Conduct dealer and customer visits to personally provide technical assistance on urgent field problems and for follow up purposes.
· Maintain communications on the level necessary for multi plant involvement on a worldwide basis.
· Travel: This position requires 50% to 60% travel, focused in North & South America.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field. 4 years of solid machine product support will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
· A minimum of 4 years’ experience in service, service engineering and/or product support related positions.
· Strong mechanical aptitude and product knowledge and good engineering background.
· Effective communication skills, ability to organize work and persuasiveness.
Top candidates will also bring:
· Experience providing product support for Excavation equipment.
· A deep functional knowledge of Excavators.
· Demonstrated understanding of work tools (buckets, couplers and hydromechanical tools).
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.