This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2020
We are growing our core digital mobile development team at Caterpillar! This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate team of mobile developers to build new capabilities that deliver revenue and improve the customer satisfaction of our customers.
We are looking for a full-time, in-house engineer to design and build new mobile applications and features while looking for innovative ways to differentiate our solution to better compete in the marketplace and drive incremental value for Caterpillar.
This is a great opportunity for you to expand your knowledge, grow your skills and join the digital transformation at Caterpillar!
The Software Engineer contributes to design, development and deployment of Caterpillar’s state-of-the-art mobile digital platform. This position will build a world class apps that address a wide range of digital applications.
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with individuals assigned in new program development and/or maintenance of existing mobile, web and cloud systems.
1. Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
2. Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
3. Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
4. Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
5. Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
6. Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
7. Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, and completeness
8. Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
9. Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others. Based on past experiences and knowledge, the incumbent normally works independently with minimal management input and review of end results.
Typical customers include Caterpillar customers, dealers, other external companies who purchase services offered by Caterpillar as well as internal business unit and/or service center groups. The position is challenged to quickly and correctly identify problems that may not be obvious. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions. The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. The position participates in brainstorming sessions focused on developing new approaches to meeting quality goals in the measure(s) stated.
Top candidates will also have: