Location: Chennai, TN, India
Date Posted: Feb 6, 2020
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Design and development of Component Engineering components (Housings, Manifolds, EGR systems, Turbo Feed and Drain Lines, Engine Lines, Filters etc.), systems and related processes
* Performs design calculations and participate in design decisions.
* Carry out basic performance analysis of the subsystem’s using analysis tools.
* Provide technical support to Manufacturing, Quality, and Purchasing Engineers during the proto development.
* Communicate results to global Process partners and other team members
* Ensure that drawing contains all the relevant information required for downstream usage
* Keeps abreast of latest technological advancements
* Knowledge of Casting, Forging, Machining, Surface Finishing and Heat Treatment Processes are needed
* Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, DVPR & FMEA Processes are Needed * Complete projects on time and on cost
Require an Engineering degree with over 6+ years of previous experience in Engine Component Design & Development. Skills in project management and Knowledge on NPI, NTI, CPI process are needed. Excellent communications skills are necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• 6+ years of experience in the Design and Development of Reciprocating Engines
• Product knowledge on Engine Mechanical system components like Housings, Manifolds, EGR systems, Turbo Feed and Drain Lines, Engine Lines, Filters etc
• Strong analytical skills
• Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Global experience
• Pro-E and Cat Engineering Standards experience