BUILD WHAT MATTERS
matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting
your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar;
where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to
meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters, our solutions help our
customers build a better world!
Electric Power Division has an exciting opportunity for a Retail Electric Power
Solutions (REPS) Territory Representative. The primary location for this
position is Houston, Texas. As an Industry Representative with the REPS /
Electric Power Division, you will consult with dealers to market Caterpillar
products and services and assist in the development of dealer sales capability.
This is a field-based assignment for an energetic individual contributor where
assignments are complex, challenging and lend themselves to strategic decisions
across a multitude of dealers.
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for delivering both top line sales revenue for the territory and
managing sales variance to meet profit goals
- Responsible for working with individual dealers within your territory to insure
they meet their top line sales goals and sales variance targets. Careful
management of the Sales Funnel will be key to your success.
- Act as a sales liaison among dealers, customers and other Caterpillar
personnel. You should be familiar with the company’s products, processes,
systems and methodologies and accountable for identification, analysis and
resolution of needs and problems in the Electric Power industry.
- Performs complex analysis work, identifies and resolves problems that are more
strategic in nature. Challenges include developing and meeting territory goals
in delivering results, identifying and recommending alternative courses of
actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills.
Direct work with other Caterpillar units, customers, and possibly suppliers
require incumbent to demonstrate skill in negotiation, building consensus and
- Counseling dealers in developing increased human performance capability;
providing guidance on existing and potential customer service issues and
improvement measures within the Electric Power industry; assisting dealers on
forecast, sales strategy planning and sales techniques; supporting rollout of
new products (e.g., products, parts, customer service agreements, other service
- Analyzing and communicating marketplace and competitive activity to Caterpillar
personnel and dealers; analyzing product application, configuration and
utilization that provide the best solution for a customer; assisting dealers
with business planning; creating and promoting programs that increase sales
while maximizing price realization; and continuing to develop required
proficiency level in the specified foundation competencies and skills.
- Remain current on customer/dealer market and needs and understand how and why
decisions are made within their work group and organization. You will be responsible
for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer
effectiveness, overall segment growth, NPI process, process improvement, sales
management process improvement, etc. Your knowledge of products, technology,
industry, etc., in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and
needs and will contribute to strategic planning.
- Direct your development and continual learning through experience and staying
abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from continued experience in
the assigned industry, enhancing communication and people relationship skills,
improving problem solving and analysis ability, building and using business
skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership
abilities. You must stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate
those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs.
degree, preferably in Marketing, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years industry experience in Marketing, Sales, Dealer or Product Marketing
- Power generation experience (or willingness to learn) within Sales or Marketing as a field representative, marketing representative, product application, and/or a similar role from various industries.
Top Candidates will also have:
of Electric Power Generation Products.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and on larger scale, more complex
- Ability to influence others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers.
- Prior dealer facing experience.
- High level of initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong relationship building skills.
on the candidate selected, this role may have both an Internal Sales Representative
perspective and a strong field/travel presence. Must be willing to travel up to 75%.
assistance is available for this position.
- This position will close Friday, February 14, 2020 at 11:59 PM CST.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for
this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa
status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities
outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans
and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.