Master Data Specialist, Cat Digital
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2020
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for talented and motivated Master Data Specialist to build a world class platform to host a wide range of applications.
Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, and electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. We’re generating innovative solutions from millions of data points and hundreds of thousands of IoT connected assets.
The Master Data Specialist is responsible for authoring and maintaining customer, product and other enterprise master data. This will include accountability for the processes, technology, and tools to automate cleansing, standardizing, enriching, matching, and integrating master data in the Cat Digital Helios platform. In this role, the Master Data Specialist will work with the product management, data design, data engineering, data quality, and data governance teams.
- Subject Matter Expert for Master Data Management
- Define and maintain Master Data Management processes and tools
- Creating and maintaining processes for Master Data management as it relates to quality and accuracy and enforcement of standards
- Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity
- Train End Users on Master Data related processes and procedures
- Identify and resolve material master data related issues
- Identify best practices and process improvements based on investigation/analysis and solicit feedback
- Incorporate process changes into appropriate audit and training materials
- Coordinate with IT support for enhancements and production support issues
- 7+ years’ experience in data management roles
- 1+ years’ experience direct or indirect project lead people management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data management, or information systems
Top Candidates will also have experience with:
- System and data integration
- Scripting languages and automation tools
- Evaluating vendors and systems against a set of requirements
- Writing application support documentation/knowledge documents
- Database technologies on Cloud – Relational, Key-value, In-memory, Blockchain, etc
- Architectures for complex data structures
- Object-oriented design
- Data quality measurement and improvement methods
- Strong business acumen and/or business analyst experience to translate business goals into technical requirements especially related to customer and equipment data
- Experience working within an Agile Framework
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-orientated environment