When you are a Project Technical Specialist at Caterpillar, you will implement technology/tool strategies and innovative solutions as defined by the Program Management Supervisor or Manager in support of Project, Program and Portfolio Management best practices.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Interact with PMO personnel and project/customer teams to provide technical/tool and process support services to facilitate and develop comprehensive project schedules and high-level reports.
* Perform all or portions of the following duties:
* Support project management initiatives; implement new technology/tool strategies and high level
reports at the local worksite.
* Implement and use group policies and procedures for project, program and/or portfolio management at local worksite and be an advocate for said policies and procedures within the work group.
* Help lead the group in establishing new or modifying existing policies and procedures.
* Provide communication and governance of standards, policies and procedures to customers and team members.
* Manage templates and data repository structure.
* Maintain and control data repository security and licensing (if required).
* Manage communication plan and provide content and/or management of website(s) and newsletter(s).
* Hold a relevant degree (Business or Technical) and 10 to 15 years of progressively complex experience.
* Broad background knowledge of and experience executing project management methodologies and techniques.
* Excellent communication skills and good interpersonal, teaming, leadership skills and an attention to detail.
* A good understanding of the Caterpillar organization and its business processes.
* Experience in programming, data repository management, (e.g. Oracle or other database administration, collaboration communities, knowledge networks, or LAN), advanced skills with Microsoft products and/or complex report development.
* Previous 6 Sigma Green Belt experience.
* Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department background.
* Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.