This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Peoria, IL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2020
Job Purpose: To manage the implementation and data use of our marketing capabilities on Google Analytics, including optimization testing with Google Optimize. This includes executing the governance, business processes, and project management needed in response to the changing business needs. This position provides the execution of the roadmap, including the detailed project plan, collaboration with other development team roles, and technical & experience managers to administer and maintain Google Analytics marketing analytics capabilities. This candidate will develop documentation, communicating with, and educating the enterprise will be key functions of this role. They will continually work with the enterprise to understand current and future marketing capabilities that will help them achieve their business goals.
Job Duties: This position will be responsible for one to two of Marketing & Digital’s marketing platforms and is recognized as an expert in their technical sub-domain. The Senior Google Analytics Specialist will implement the strategic roadmap, develop a detailed project plan, platform playbook, and governance and business process best practices for their respective platform(s). AB testing execution and oversight will be required also.
Key areas of accountability include collaborating in development meetings to ensure consistency in availability and implementation standards in relation to Marketing & Digital’s marketing capabilities; execute implementation roadmap and application evolution plans; act as an researcher and evaluator of new information or integration enhancements. Responsibilities include one or more of the following:
1. Provide Google Analytics support to the enterprise including:
a. Administrative (user access, filter management, etc)
b. Analysis – Insights and Analysis of Google Analytics data, providing recommendations, data modeling and deeper analysis
c. Implementation – New site tracking setups using Google Tag Manager, including validation, developer documentation and tracking tag setup utilizing enterprise standards and legal/compliance requirements.
d. Maintenance – Maintain ongoing implementations
e. Reporting/Dashboards – Creating dashboards, ad-hoc data requests, visualization work
2. Provide Consulting expertise to the enterprise on how to best leverage data for digital marketing initiatives
3. Assist in prioritization of implementation roadmap for enterprise including customer, dealer and employee facing sites.
6. Collaborate with agencies, platform partners, and platform vendor on future and current work engagements.
7. Oversee workplans, activities, and general project management for team members.
8. Develop platform playbook and communicate playbook to the enterprise
9. Applies an enterprise-wide scalable view to the platform to support the adoption, best practices and promote reuse focusing on efficiency.
10. Participates in the analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the platform
Typical internal customers include employees within multiple business processes or functions including multiple Business Units, Industry Groups, and Divisions. In addition, this person may have direct relationships with IT Managers, and in some cases Directors. External contacts include various agencies, consulting companies who offer services related to the platform and dealers.
The position is challenged to identify problems quickly and correctly, some which may not be obvious. The incumbent solves problems by determining the best course of action with oversight as appropriate, within departmental guidelines, from many existing solutions and in a legal compliant manner. Communications will be needed to develop business needs is critical to ensure solutions can be created to meet strategic business capability needs.
The Senior Google Analytics Specialist will manage the creative agencies, strategic partners, and manage larger project teams. They will be the strategic contact for their respective platform(s).
• A four year degree from an accredited college or university
• 5+ years of digital marketing experience
• Previous hands on experience with Google Analytics
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
• Completion of Google Analytics Academy Courses
• Experience working in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, BigQuery
and Google Optimize
• Experience with Marketing Automation and Web Content Management platforms preferred
• Advanced technical understanding of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
• Strong project management skills
• Experience in developing business processes, working in matrix organization, leading large
projects is highly beneficial
• Good technical, communication and influential skills are required
• In addition, it is desirable that the incumbent have a good knowledge of Caterpillar policies,
standards and procedures, with broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization
• An accredited, four-year Marketing, Business, Technology degree, or a closely related technical
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.