Job Title: Parts Product Manager - Aftermarket
Salary: £47,500 - £50,000 (Depending on Experience)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Up to 12% bonus
Contributory pension scheme - Caterpillar will double the employee's contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme - Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee's contribution
CAT Advantage – Highstreet Discount Access
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not provided
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD) is a global supplier of world class engines with a leading aftermarket parts business supporting customers worldwide. The Aftermarket business is a dynamic, growing business and as a result there is an exciting opportunity to join our business as a Parts Product Manager.
Caterpillar is fully committed to the growth of our Aftermarket parts business; to support this commitment, IPSD continue to focus on growing the Perkins aftermarket parts business through execution of the Perkins percentage of parts sales investment strategy.
This role is based within the Product Life Cycle team will provide support across all parts product categories including Service/maintenance, Repair and Overhaul to ensure the successful delivery of strategic parts growth projects. The role will also identify and develop systems and process improvements to deal with unique product and service offerings out to the Perkins distribution network, third-party Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), and end users.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Developing an overall understanding of all product categories to enable greater support in the delivery of Product Life Cycle priority projects and high-level product group management
• Supporting the Product Managers and Life Cycle Consultants to monitor, analyse and improve the existing product range through the full product life cycle from introduction to phase out, ensuring innovative and creative Aftermarket solutions meet the needs of the customer
• Defining an outbound product training strategy / framework including:
o Development and creation of distributor / OEM training material
o Development of point of sale material
o Development of technical material to support genuine parts attributes
• Management of Aftermarket parts re-source projects that drive parts sales revenue and investment growth
• Managing and supporting system and process development/improvement projects e.g.
o Reman core returns process
o Service offerings
o Kitting/bundling solutions
• Ensuring project process consistency & governance
Managing product related processes to drive customer solutions & availability
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience concentrated in a business, marketing or related field.
• Experience in one or more of the following: distributor, dealer or OEM sales of engines or machines; distributor, dealer or OEM parts sales; distributor or dealer excellence/development; engine/parts product management or other related roles.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to articulate complex information in a simple and concise way, including the development and delivery of presentations for senior management.
• Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, with the ability to successfully build relationships with a diverse group of individuals globally.
• Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to manage own assignments.
• Ability to achieve results by influencing and coordinating the work of others.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Knowledge of and relationships with key stakeholders within the Perkins distribution network and/or self-service OEMs.
• Development and implementation of product strategies that deliver revenue and investment growth.
• Ability to manage complex cross functional projects across multiple workstreams within and outside of IPSD, including development and maintenance of project plans.
• Leadership or participation in 6 Sigma projects as either a Black Belt or Green Belt.
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.