As a Senior Information Technology (IT) Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work both independently and with a cooperative team on complex deployment and optimisation projects that may span multiple applications. You will develop your professional network and leadership skills, driving the deployment of standard IT Solutions that enable Caterpillar success.
In this role you will be a Supply Chain Solution Lead for the Caterpillar QAD Centre of Excellence where you will contribute real value by understanding our internal customers’ requirements and marrying these with our IT strategy and standard solutions. The key aspect to this role is to govern the deployment of the QAD application suite to ensure we always utilise out of the box functionality over customisations or new developments, as well as ensuring we use common interfaces and common integration patterns, this will mean having a detailed understanding of the standard solution and business process but also working closely with the EA group and QAD vendor to drive improvements in to the standard product offering.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Participating in requirements gathering, analysis and design of QAD solutions and interfaces for Supply Chain processes
* Participating in workshops to better understand business processes, gather clear requirements and enable effective system design
* Govern deployment and optimisation projects to ensure standard solutions are implemented, supporting the deployment team by consulting on standard solutions and processes to avoid the need for customisations.
* Govern interface development to ensure that they follow the approved integration patterns and provide maximum opportunity for re-use for other sites.
* Continuous research in to the new QAD and Corporate solutions to ensure we stay current and take advantage of new technology and functionality available with each release.
* Computing-related University Degree, or equivalent experience
* Previous experience in ERP Applications such as QAD and SAP
* Knowledge of the latest technology and current development processes and tools
* Previous experience in Business Analyst roles
* Previous experience in working with business partners/ customers to gather requirements
* Previous experience with deploying and/or upgrading ERP systems.
* APICS CPIM
* QAD Certification(s) in Supply Chain; Customer Relationship Management; Configured Products; or Transportation Management.
The Hiring Manager sits in the UK but location is flexible and can be remote within the United States.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers