For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc., has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets.
The successful candidate will act as a liaison working very closely with engineers responsible for the design, supply chain, purchasing and operations to make sure Caterpillar generator sets are built, tested and shipped out the facility on time. In this role, you will advance your engineering skills, assembly/manufacturing skills, communication skills and networking skills. This specific role includes hands-on factory support for integrated generator controls across all product lines manufactured in the Lafayette facility.
At Caterpillar, you build what matters – whether it’s the career you want, crucial work skills, strong relationships or new digital technologies. There are big jobs to be done worldwide – building critical infrastructure, bolstering local economies, meeting the demand for energy – and that work is powered by our people.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
- Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college in one of the following degree programs: Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Agricultural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology
- Applicant must attend 4-year university within driving distance to the facility in which they will be working
- Applicant must be able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week while school is in session and 40 hours per week while school is not in session
- GPA requirements: minimum cumulative 3.0
Top Candidates will also have:
- Experience troubleshooting DC control systems (automotive, etc.)
- Engine and genset experience
- 3D modeling experience
- Exhibit leadership skills in school or extracurricular activities
- Motivation to expand engineering knowledge outside of coursework
- Knowledge of Caterpillar or Caterpillar products
- Previous engineering internships
This is a part time temporary opening located in Lafayette, IN. Relocation is not available for this position.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.