This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Tucson, AZ, United States
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2020
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets.
With 104,000 employees and 2018 sales and revenues of $54.722 billion, we are the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Our company principally operates through its three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
We are a Fortune 100 corporation with 110 production facilities of which 60 are located outside the US, and we have 160 dealers serving customers in 193 countries. In 2018 we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI).
For more information, visit www.cat.com and www.caterpillar.com.
Global Category Procurement Manager
- * Develop and lead a high performing global team of Buyers, Analysts, and Supplier Development Professionals in the US, Australia, and South Africa to identify, develop, and manage a high-performing global supply network that directly supports the Electric Rope Shovel and Dragline business within SM&T, and ensure the supplier base is capable of meeting the specific products’ Quality, Cost, Logistics, Delivery, Management (QCLDM) requirements.
- * Experts for his or her assigned Category or Categories, and the leader of the execution of global Category strategies while driving performance excellence in Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management (QCLDM) in region. All activities must be aligned to the global category strategies.
- * Negotiate, execute and manage Agreements (i.e Master, Development, Intellectual Property, Warranty) with suppliers in the qualified Supplier Network to meet business requirements and are aligned with the Global Category Strategies.
- * Manage supplier performance, relationships and agreements for these assigned categories. Create, implement, and maintain documented long term category strategies, which include the needs of key stakeholders in providing best overall value to the enterprise. Provides global supply based market knowledge to product groups for incorporation into future designs and supplier design collaboration events. Responsible for the multiple routes to market for this business, to include factory-direct, virtual factory, and dealer-direct.
- * Sponsor, support and execute alignment across the global supply network to deliver the Product Group’s OPACC Improvement Agendas and growth. Serves as the primary liaison between the Product Group and the Resource Industries Supply Management (RISM) leadership.
· 5+ years progressive experience in Procurement, Engineering, or role that is accountable for external client deliverables
· 3+ years of supervisory experience, preferably with global exposure
· Commercial experience with strategic sourcing and/or supplier relationship management
· Proficiency in English is required
· Excellent communication both written and verbal, with experience
· Experience showing strong negotiation skills
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
· Demonstrated experience with Category Strategy Management & Supplier Development
· Global Exposure to supply network
· Understanding of governmental, environmental, political, and geographic factors that influence a supply base.
· Supplier Performance Management, Strategic Sourcing, Contract Management, Supplier Financial Health Management
· Predictive Cost Modeling Development & Execution, Negotiation
· Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management preferred, e.g.; Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and Certified in Integration Resource Management (CIRM), or comparable international certification is preferred.
· Affiliation with Institute for Supply Management (ISM) and American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS), or comparable professional purchasing organization, preferred.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs will be incurred by the candidate.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.