This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Decatur, IL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 7, 2020
* Developing, analyzing and managing Manufacturing/Assembly Projects.
Engaging in creative problem solving to address operational issues including:
ergonomic/ safety, efficiency improvements, process bottlenecks, quality
* Assisting in developing department capital and expense budgets.
* Maintaining the department capital forecast.
* Administering the assembly New Product Introduction (NPI) process to ensure that Engineering drawings are released and processed on time for NPI build.
* Training new processors and developing training programs for Processors and Assemblers.
* Working with internal and external suppliers to develop and manage projects to ensure efficient and cost effective systems and processes to produce quality products.
* Providing the application, procurement, processing, installation and capability of manufacturing assets/equipment.
* Providing manufacturing technical support in process control and internal certification.
* Coordinating the corporate manufacturing and office space utilization and assisting in preparation of
business proposals for rearrangements or additions or complete new facilities that are being proposed to ensure proper utilization of space.
* Coordinating the purchase and application of tools, fixtures, controls and related equipment corporate
wide to ensure the latest technology is being used to increase efficiency and economy of operations.
* Perform process improvement activities to
reduce manufacturing cost.
* Develop and implement assembly processes in line with Caterpillar standard processes.
* Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university,
preferably in Manufacturing Engineering
*In lieu of a degree, 8+ years Manufacturing Engineering related experiences.
* Bachelor’s Degree in manufacturing engineering-related discipline.
* Skilled in CAPPLUS, HVC, VisView, AutoCAD and other engineering tools.
* Previous experience with Caterpillar Prime Product manufacturing assembly processes.
Familiar with company policies and procedures with a strong department
* Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders.
Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts.
* Good written and oral communication skills.