more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible
and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar
to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets.
104,000 employees and 2018 sales and revenues of $54.7 billion, we are
the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining
equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and
diesel-electric locomotives. Our company principally operates through its three
primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy
& Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through
its Financial Products segment.
We are a
Fortune 100 corporation with 110 production facilities of which 60 are located outside the
US, and we have 160 dealers serving customers in 193 countries. In 2018 we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices
information, visit www.cat.com and www.caterpillar.com.
Based at our global headquarters in Deerfield, IL, this HR Manager will play a key role in creating, driving and providing strategic thought to promote an HR organizational culture of teamwork, service, high quality, accountability, innovation and inclusiveness. This HR-for-HR Manager will develop and drive the execution of initiatives and programs to build our HR functional capabilities and pipeline for the enterprise. The role will also provide HR leadership for our global HR Division, defining world-class initiatives to ensure the HR function is aligned to our business strategy.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Using talent and market insights, apply strategic workforce planning analysis and organizational design principles to provide best HR talent and resource solutions
- Partner with HR leadership team to develop and execute HR capability model
- Partner with Learning & Development COE, design and execute HR upskilling programs globally
- Partner with Global Talent Management COE, lead key talent processes for HR function to build HR pipeline and succession plan
- Lead Caterpillar early career talent program globally
- Lead project management and support HR leadership team for the HR organization design as the enterprise implements a new HCM system (Workday)
- Serve as HR Business Partner for HR Division, coach HR Directors, lead/coordinate workforce planning, organization design, culture, Diversity & Inclusion (D&I); provide key leadership in overseeing HR delivery to the organization and facilitating key HR processes
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive global human resource experience ideally in multiple of the following areas: business partnership, organization, talent development, HR strategy development
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- MBA or Masters in HR/LR
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Previous leadership experience preferably managing a team of HR professionals.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, critical thinking and good judgement
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Proven change agent capabilities with strong influencing skills
- Excellent organization planning skills and project management skills
The preferred location for this role is Deerfield, IL. Relocation is not provided at this time.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Caterpillar is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates will be asked to formally apply via the Caterpillars Careers website http://www.caterpillar.com/careers/ when the position is publicly posted.
Keywords: HR Director, Global Human Resources Director, Senior HR Manager, HR Manager, HR Strategy Manager,Strategic HR Manager, HR-for-HR, HR Business Partner, HRBP, Senior HRBP, Senior Manager, Business HR, Senior Manager, HR strategy