This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Date Posted: Jan 29, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: Supports various accounts receivable management efforts for Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation’s (“CFSC”) Customer Solutions Unit of the North America Business Center (“NABC”). Works to create solutions that meet the financial needs of individual Caterpillar customers while maintaining an accountable profit for CFSC portfolio. Perform account modifications and special program adjustments for CFCA dealer, customer and subsidy accounts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
1. Follows established processes for performing the following adjustment requests: contract modifications, refinances, due date changes, principal reductions, transfers & assumptions, substitutions of collateral, booking errors, and low balance short-term modifications.
2. Computes a customer’s new payment schedule when unscheduled lump-sum payments are received (i.e. Principal Reductions)
3. Conducts credit investigation to determine customer creditworthiness. Approves/rejects customer requests within credit authority and makes recommendations that are best for the customer and CFSC when customer exposure is beyond credit authority limit.
4. Coordinates the communication with many different parties during the credit approval process, including but not limited to: the customer, Customer Account Specialists, Territory Managers, Customer Relations and Cash Management.
5. Ensures the timely and accurate documentation and recording of accounting data into the leasing system, imaging and following-up with customers.
6. Performs loan and lease restructure quotes, credit investigation, financial statement analysis, collateral evaluation, credit decision (within authority and makes recommendation when customer exposure is beyond established credit authority) and develops documents for all contract adjustment processes.
7. Performs account modifications and special program adjustments for CFCA dealer, customer and subsidy accounts.
8. Understands and supports the Caterpillar’s Code of Conduct and belief in integrity, excellence, teamwork, and commitment. Understands and supports the Creating Exceptional Customer Experiences in all aspects of employment.
9. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the unit. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
10. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and for its application in all aspects of employment
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply math computation skills.
Demonstrated ability to analyze past due accounts and customer credit summaries.
Thorough knowledge of financing and taxation principles.
Thorough knowledge of and ability to calculate casualty values and amortization schedules.
Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and ability to verify correctness and completeness of such information.
Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand various business reports pertaining to the sale of
Demonstrated knowledge of systems used by Customer Solutions, including TSYS.
Demonstrated ability to analyze customer credit applications.
Working knowledge of the industries served by Caterpillar.
Ability to provide guidance to lower level positions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A 4-year college or university degree in any discipline and a minimum of 2 years exempt experience is recommended. Experience in credit, customer services, collections, marketing, financial statement analysis and/or related discipline is desired. Previous work experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain in knowledge, skills, and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.