This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Pontiac, IL, United States
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2020
For more than 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2018 sales and revenues of $54.722 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three primary segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
As a Machining Specialist High School Intern you will spend 6 weeks with the Caterpillar Pontiac Facility. You will help set up, operate and adjust automatic lathes to perform complex combinations of operations to close tolerances on a variety of parts; N/C lathes to perform complex combinations of machining operations or limited combination of machining operations to close tolerances; automatic crankshaft lathes; multi-spindle automatic screw machines; or engine or turret lathes which do not have production tooling provided. Also included in this classification are the manually operated vertical turret lathes that perform complex machining operations on large complex parts such as transmission cases.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Orientation program/training
* Job Shadow operators to get a better understanding of machining in manufacturing.
* Help identify quality defects and follow the Built in Quality process to find the root cause of the issue.
* Understand control plans and how to follow the procedures that are written
* Networking and social opportunities
*Candidate must currently be enrolled in a Livingston County area High School going into your Junior or Senior year of school or will be graduating from High School at the end of this current school year.
* Must be 16 years of age
* Must be legally authorized to work
in the United States.
* Good communication skills and strong commitment to safety and teamwork
Top Candidates will also possess:
* Ability to perform simple computer operations
* Awareness of Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain (5S), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), safety, and quality
*This position is only for area High School Students as part of Caterpillar Pontiac’s Student Internship Program
* Position is located in Pontiac, IL.
* No relocation package is available
* Pay rate range is $11.00 to $12.00 an hour based on year in school at time of application
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers #LI