Test/Validation Engineer is the third level in engineering and represents a shift from learning and assisting to fully contributing in assignments that are broader, more complex, and challenging in nature.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
*Perform steel mill and forging supplier assessments.
Thorough knowledge of steel specifications and applications.
* Perform failure analysis and provide recommendations.
Participate in various projects and provide necessary support.
* Evaluate new products, processes, or systems
* Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
* Contribute to the design of new products and processes
* Perform product and process maintenance
* Collaborate with and support other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, customers, and suppliers
* Provide Raw material disposition.
* Bachelor degree in Metallurgy or Materials Science curriculum plus more than 10 years experience or a Master's degree in Metallurgy Materials Science curriculum plus more than 8 years of experience or a Doctorate degree in Engineering
* Excellent analytical skills
* Ability to work on increasingly more complex assignments, either through on-the-job assignments or through the pursuit of an advanced degree
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Experience working with a different unit or working with different products, processes, or systems.
Thorough and hands on knowledge of Steel making, Forging, Failure analysis, Material selection, Testing, validation, supplier assessments.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.