Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides solutions to its customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. Services provided to customers after purchase leverage their connected equipment and our outstanding field technology, and decades of product, service and application expertise to enhance performance. Caterpillar's Global Aftermarket Solutions Division (GASD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. Working alongside our dealers, we serve customer needs throughout the product lifecycle.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers by reducing total owning and operating costs. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed, now is a great time to join GASD.
JOB PURPOSE: To manage the TEPS & Independent channel, including overall strategy, program management, go-to-market plans, channel effectiveness, policies, Cat/dealer price structure, dealer engagement and POPS growth strategies in order to maximize parts revenue and profit. Also, manages channel projects and growth opportunities with Independent Shops.
Create and execute a new channel strategy which encompasses both TEPS dealers and Independent Shops.
Develop and maintain effective TEPS program strategy to optimize parts sales through the TEPS channel. Ensure this strategy is fully aligned internally across the various Cat business units tied to this business and can be executed through the dealer/second level dealer structure including parts policies and procedures. Within the TEPS framework, develop and execute commercial solutions to ensure Cat dealer engagement and performance and maximize POPS through the channel. Maintain the TEPS program guidebook for use by Cat dealers with the network of over 1,500 TEPS locations.
Develop and foster relationships with dealers and major customers so that sales objectives can be achieved. Establish high-level relationships with business decision makers and identify business needs and problems. Work across Caterpillar reps in the field and dealers across the region to ensure a consistent customer experience across dealer territories for these large accounts.
The incumbent analyzes the sales trends of the TEPS orders data to develop programs and strategies to target sales. Must communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer and/or customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations.
Must have ability to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences. Good human relations skills are required to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit.
Standard job duties:
• Collaborate with dealers, TEPS dealers, and industry team to identify customer accounts for growth
• Develop aftermarket solutions growth opportunities & execute approved targeted marketing campaigns
• Optimize parts sales variance utilization within assigned budget to drive incremental top line revenue and deliver business plan.
• Drive regular sales performance reviews to determine channel effectiveness.
• Track opportunity, participation and close rates and report VOC/VOD. Develop local action plans, leveraging CRM and Customer Insights, to attack lost sales.
• Seek understanding, document and communicate internally on customer requirements, business models, competitive landscape and other market intelligence to ensure product groups and other entities are aware of product, customer and channel needs.
• Keep up to date with industry trends, changing technology and market regulations
• Manage T&E budget
• Partner with & influence other internal parties to ensure general customer needs are met for an effective commercial relationship
• Understand Caterpillar’s business model and act within the business process guidance on review and approval for variance programs and commercial actions.
* Minimum bachelor's degree education OR Minimum 3 years of sales/parts/product support technical or marketing experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Project Management experience
* On-Highway Industry experience
* Previous experience working with Cat dealers
* Proven commercial/sales skills to define and prioritize opportunities and drive action.
* Demonstrated communication/presentation and analytical skills.
* Strong initiative and ability to work independently.
* This position requires 25% travel
* Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Peoria, IL is primary location, however, remote work is an option for this role
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.