JOB DESCRIPTION: This Account Manger role is an exciting opportunity for an enterprising and results oriented individual to drive profitable growth for Caterpillar and the dealer network.
As a part of the Global Aftermarket Services Division, this role develops and nurtures relationships with Caterpillar’s On-Highway truck second level dealer network (TEPS dealers) and independent shop customers. TEPS dealers are the corporate account equivalent in the Caterpillar On-Highway Truck industry.
This Account Manager is responsible for providing leadership in two key areas:
1) Provide direct account management to our largest TEPS dealer partners to ensure sales objectives can be achieved.
2) Develop new relationships and sales growth with Independent Shop customers by partnering with TEPS and Cat dealers who serve this channel today.
Account Manager will establish high-level relationships with business decision makers, identify customer business needs and obstacles inhibiting growth and develop strategies to maximize sales. The incumbent will analyze the sales trends of the TEPS orders data to develop programs and strategies to maximize sales. This role utilizes strong communication skills to work with local Caterpillar Truck Aftermarket Sales Reps (ASRs) and Cat dealers in the field. The Account Manager also ensures a consistent customer experience across dealer territories for these large accounts.
The Account Manager must have the experience, negotiation skills, business acumen and emotional intelligence to effectively work with a diverse range of TEPS dealers, Independent shops, Cat dealers and field reps.
Incumbent works independently with considerable freedom of action and is accountable for accomplishing goals and understanding local industry trends. This position primary focus is traveling in the field with TEPS dealers and independent shop customers.
Standard job duties:
• Collaborate with Cat dealers, TEPS dealers, and industry team to identify Independent Shop customers for growth.
• Develop aftermarket solutions growth opportunities & execute approved targeted marketing campaigns.
• Optimize parts sales variance utilization within assigned budget to drive incremental top line revenue and deliver business plan.
• Drive regular sales performance reviews to determine channel effectiveness.
• Track opportunity, participation and close rates and report VOC/VOD. Develop local action plans, leveraging CRM and Customer Insights, to attack lost sales.
• Seek understanding, document and communicate internally on customer requirements, business models, competitive landscape and other market intelligence to ensure product groups and other entities are aware of product, customer and channel needs.
• Keep up to date with local industry trends, changing technology and market regulations.
• Manage T&E budget.
• Partner with & influence other internal parties to ensure general customer needs are met for an effective commercial relationship.