This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Qingdao, 37, China
Date Posted: Jan 21, 2020
“Marketing Consultant” responsible for identifying growth opportunities related to product and market expansion, develop the business case according to where decisions and recommendations are made for strategic advantage and market growth in long-term leadership position, and execute the go to market for NPI/NMI programs to ensure the implementation. This position is in support of the SEM brand and our utility products, specially it will require deep knowledge on construction product and market.
1. Identify potential growth opportunities and filter the opportunities with the best profitable growth potential aligned to the growth targets
2. Business case development: Team leader who will identify the cross functional core team, key business case deliverables and timeline based on the best opportunities identified. This team may include engineering, regional market staff, accounting and NPI. As the team leader you work with the core team on market research, industry and customer application understanding, competition and market place needs, as well as knowledge of dealer cost build up and customer transaction price, to make a proper product positioning during the case development. The product positioning may in certain cases need to consider the Utility and Life Cycle Value products. The business cases will be presented to the product manager and distribution/ sales manager to gain approval for execution by the product teams.
3. NPI/NMI go to market leading: Primary responsibility is to develop a 5P plan for NPI/NMI in support of the program volume targets. This plan may vary program but will require to define merchandising support, budget estimates, basic requirements such as price list, marcom, PIPO, etc. as defined the NPI/NMI process. With your industry and application experience, you will collaborate with other peers to define the right positioning between LCV & utility where required, to make SEM product be the best fit to proper customer segment and support the pins growing. You will be providing support in areas covering new product introductions special on sales and distribution side the critical go to market activities, and support market and distribution needs to implement the expansion solutions for market leadership. Through these focused areas, you will support senior management in business development and gain experience in providing direction for future product, distribution and industry needs, and continue to improve your skills at sharing this expertise at higher industry levels with business unit management.
4. Communication and leadership: Communicate effectively across product, dealer and/or customer audiences to gain understanding and acceptance of ideas and recommendations. At this level, leadership skills and the ability to sell ideas are beginning to develop, either as an individual performer or as the principal contributor to or leader of a generally small group/task force of technical or marketing people. In this role you will have the accountability for documenting all key elements of project and growth ideas.
5. Miscellaneous: There is other miscellaneous business assignment may apply to this position subject to business decision.
1. 4yr college or university degree of from an accredited or equivalent experience for engineering or business
2. Fluent in Mandarin and English
3. 5 years industry experience
4. Basic computer knowledge Excel, PowerPoint
5. Willing and able to travel globally
1. Black Belt training
2. Project leadership experience
3. Specific industry knowledge related to the China markets and some emerging markets
4. Previous experience in sales, marketing or dealer development for construction equipment
5. Broad business background, specific long-term industry knowledge and excellent communication skills.
6. Ability to work with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the appropriate influence and ability to resolve differences.
7. Ability to deal with sensitive issues, mentor and coach, and/or persuade others on new methods of equipment application, new technology and distribution methods.